Skip to content
Maintankadin

who asks the healers to dps?

Blutreich
Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:42 pm

who asks the healers to dps?

I usually (depending on group/healer/instance) try to get my healers to join in the dps fun! specially druids the aoe sounds so cool up close and personal. Who else does this and what are the reactions.

EVERY druid healer i take to UB or SH aoe's alot (specially the naga pulls in UB)

Not that long ago i did a heroic sp PUG cause I was bored, i was the 4th and they where 1 dps short, the healer(leader) was like we need a mage for sheep, and i reply with my usual: "why i don't use cc anyway" and i get the sarcastic "o boy!"

well he goes afk right before the bridge you can jump off for the shortcut, and I keep on pulling. when he got back he laughed and was liberal with the chain lightning.


Disclamer: if there is already a post of this sort point it out to me and i will move my post!
_________________

Sparti
Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:00 pm
Hurricane is a paladin tank's best friend, since it makes up for that thunder clap we usually don't have.
_________________


Drink Time, Wimps! -- A blog.
Shirak
Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:17 am
When ever we get a boss down low enough we call for "Hammers and Executes" which means unless your spamming heals, everyone throw some sort of DPS into the mix. Lets healers get a hit in when they can.
_________________
Kivas
Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:25 pm
I've been running SH and heroic UB into the ground as of late and one of my Paladin healers always dps's more then he heals and has even beaten a couple of our fresh 70's on the dps meters.
_________________
Fortunately for us, sanity is not a prerequisite for tanking... anybody who charges into a pack of mobs determined to break all forms of crowd control has probably lost a couple marbles.
Ana
Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:31 pm
I always attempt some sort of dps when healing anything, whether it be to run in and consecrate, or a holy shock when I can.
_________________
Aertho
Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:38 pm
I kinda get pissed at pally healers who aren't right up next to me except on boss fights. I had this one healadin who was like buttah. I'd pull, he'd follow me right in, drop Light, shock, and flash light when he needed to. If something peeled off, he'd fall back and stun it. Jumped all over the place, rescued mages, etc etc. He'd even swap weapons and 2H when he felt like we could afford it.

Sonofabitch made me question who was having more fun.

Amareta, I miss you.

:'-(
Worldie
Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:12 pm
I don't ask them, they do it anyway when they realize i don't get damage...

Tanking heroics in the same gear i use in Hyjal sometimes is funny. Other times makes me QQ cause i'm the only one using mana in the party -_-
_________________

Spudge_Boy
Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:09 am
My GF is a Druid and we have built her out a Spell Damage set for these times. If she feels that healing is getting boring because it is too easy, she dons her SD gear and lays down fat Hurricanes. It truly is my favorite, because just like Consecrate, it hits everything.
_________________

Blutreich
Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:29 pm
On a lot of content slowing a groups attack speed lowers our tps and incoming mana, stuff where I usually double pull already just to make it less boring. Stuff where you have your healer dpsing for instance cause they are bored.

now on stuff that matters like raid bosses or w/e they will most likely be immune or we will have a warrior running around to t-clap when we need it.

I personally might get a avoidance weapon with the chant but i don't really expect to use it ever. Just like Vindication i expect it only to work when it doesn't matter.

what would be great is if we could make stuff hit twice as fast for half the damage imagine being able to debuff mobs with SotC, now that would be win!
_________________