Skip to content
Maintankadin

SoR/SoV weaving

Mortehl
Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:13 am

SoR/SoV weaving

Alright... I don't know why I'm having trouble grasping this, but I am. I understand there are ways to make this work but every explanation I've read up to this point has slipped in one ear and out the other. Would it be possible for a couple paladins who are doing this successfully to lay it out (slowly)?

It pisses me off to not be using every tool in the box.
_________________
I r can pull now plz?
Daeren
Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:21 am
If you can, you start off with having aggro safely, then you get up a 5 stack of SoV, judge, swap to SoR, judge it, then back to SoV, judge.. and so on.

TIming of the SoV judge is crucial, you don't put it up when it's halfway until it goes out. Use some debuff-tracker to keep an eye on how much is left, and judge it the second it's refreshed.

Also, having a fast weapon makes this method really suck.
_________________

Futtah
Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:33 am
I don't usually use this method since i have enough to worry about when maintanking, and maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it but i've just chosen not to do it..

But the way i figure that this works would be:

Initial aggro would still be SoR/JoR..

Then it's SoV to 5 stacks, JoV, SoR for the 8/10 secs then JoR, then switch back to SoV to refresh SoV stacks - when refreshed switch back to SoR - rinse and repeat. So basically the way i figure, it's a matter of keeping the SoV dot going and relying on SoR/JoR for main weapon threat.

I think the trick is to make SoV stacks and judgement cooldowns to cooperate flawlessly.

But again, i don't use this technique, so please correct me if i'm completely wrong.

Futtah
Mortehl
Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:19 am
Thanks guys. Going to experiment a bit tonight.
_________________
I r can pull now plz?
QuantumDelta
Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:34 am
Honestly, the best advice I can give you to get the basics down Mortehl is this:

Start with SoR/JoR.
Swap to SoV quite early in threat generation.
Keep using JoR until 3 stacks then swap to SoV completely 'til fully stacked.
Use JoV on the end of a stack refresh, swap to SoR, until the swing prior to judgement being back up, and then hit it again with SoV up, Judge JoV then go back to SoR (repeat add infinitum).
That cycle has priority over all of your other abilities.

Serious requirements:
Hit rating.
Exp rating.
Spell hit rating (not as important but it helps).
Slower weapon (Gavel is really, the best SoV tankadin weapon in the game).
Windfury.
Reckoning.
Tank and spank boss of raid length (5-10 minutes).

Acknowledgement ahead of time that you're going to be trying something new.

This will put you well ahead on the track to mastering it.

Seal Swapping with fast weapons is unreliable for maintaining the SoV stack but is doable.
Mortehl
Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:38 am
We raid with 2 shamans at most. I'm not getting Windfury. Ever. If WF is a requirement then I'm going to have to pass on this, regardless of the gain.
_________________
I r can pull now plz?
Fridmarr
Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:39 am
Hmm, I apparently do this differently than most. I always use JoV never JoR, so basically what I do is judge Vengeance, then reseal it, as soon as it refreshes I switch to SoR, and right before my Judgement cooldown is up, I swap back to SoV, judge it and repeat.

It sounds complicated but I've actually found a pretty good rhythm with it, so it just kind of flows for me now without thinking too much about it.


EDIT: Actually, my method is similar to QuantumDelta's
_________________
Chromax
Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:41 pm
Does anyone have a WWS log or TPS difference twisting versus either method?
masterkiller
Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:56 pm
Is this better then keeping an Imp JoCrus up and strictly using SoR/JoR?
Invisusira
Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:22 pm
We need a proper catchy name for this, like "totem twisting."

Seal Shifting?

Seal Swapping?

Vengeance Vitalizing?
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff