Skip to content
Maintankadin

Parry and blocks

Ranluka
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:16 am

Parry and blocks

My understanding is that when you parry, your next attack comes faster. My question is, with seals that proc, will this up the number of procs a minute, or will it calculate using the faster spead and basically stay the same.

And with SoR will that sped up Swing get less Holy damage attacked because of the increased speed?

Basically what I"m wondering is will Parry help our threat the way it does for warriors
Worldie
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:20 am
For SoV and SoC (ppm mechanic) the ppm counts parries and eventually reckoning also.

For SoR, you have the same damage as usual, since it's based on your weapon base speed, not on your attack speed. Pretty much like the damage doesn't change with Heroism/Bloodlust
_________________

Ranluka
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:35 am
So, if I'm using vengence, Parry won't help with threat, but using SoR it will? Interesting
Gerilith
Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:38 am
Erm...ppm is transferred into a chance on hit by using your attack speed (which you can see in the character sheet). So, theoretically, there would be more procs that ppm per minute if you use Reck. The problem is that, generally, extra-attacks cannot have sealprocs that are based on ppm.

Anyway, parries will improve the TPS of EVERY seal, whether it is ppm-based or not.

ppm -> (ppm/(60/attackspeed)) per hit = ppm*attackspeed/60 as chance per hit

This is NOT the actual frequency of hits. It is JUST the number of weaponswings due to autoattack if nothing is parried.
_________________

Cauze blizzard begins to let healing suck.
jere
Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:56 am
Perhaps he is confusing the unique case of SoC that won't let it proc off of reckoning procs (I think). I don't think that applies to parries at all as those are not extra attacks, but sped up ones.

And SoV does indeed proc off of Reckoning charges and parries.
_________________
Ranluka
Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:01 am
Nope, Accually I just recently found out about the mechanic that speeds up your next attack when you parry and am grappling with all the implications. I swear every time I think I've learned all the mechanics, something new comes up and slaps me in the face.