Skip to content
Maintankadin

T6 Content desired avoidance

Neuron
Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:51 pm

T6 Content desired avoidance

I am interested in learning what other tankadin's feel is the proper amount of pure avoidance to have in Black Temple and Mount Hyjal. I am specifically talking about boss tanking, not gimmicks and aoe stuff. When I state pure avoidance, I am talking about miss + dodge + parry, and nothing else.

What do you think is the right number?
_________________


Warcrafter - The new CTProfiles.
Silandra
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:29 pm
Whatever makes you uncrushable would be my guess.
_________________
When in doubt, bubble and hearth out.
A Paladin's fury is a quiet, solemn thing, ever a hair before the bloodlust of a Warrior or the ferocity of a beast. But it holds his foes just the same.
Lansky
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:30 pm
I'd say around 60% is expected and once your gear gets better and you can maintain 20k+ health along with pushing it up to 65%+ this can only help you.

Voted for 60% just because that's a much more reasonable number to expect unbuffed before you are mostly geared in T6 level gear anyway.
_________________
Lansky BE Paladin Mannoroth
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Lansky
Lugnut
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:41 pm
Yeah 55-60 seems about right, at that gear level it shouldnt be hard to get 22-23 dodge/17-19 parry, 11-12% miss while keeping your hp up
_________________
kalbear
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:54 pm
For tanking Illidan you need 67.4% avoidance&block pre-holy shield. This is because of the weird shear mechanics he has.
kalbear
Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:01 pm
Huh. I would think that the paladin would be better for Illidan because of how easily holy shield can be kept up against Illidan. Paladins don't have nearly the options vs. spell damage that warriors do, and that's what the flames do. *shrug*. It's not a good fight for paladins in any case. Druids can do the flames better, warriors can do Illidan likely better just because they can soak more damage. But the HS really helps with shear.

As to the question, I'm trying to figure that out. Like you said, I see the 102.4 dodge/parry/block % everywhere. It may have been a typo.
Worldie
Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:15 pm
Considering how hard the bosses hit in BT i'm aiming for the highest pure avoidance possible.
_________________

Cakes
Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:52 pm
It's because shear can't miss, so you have to factor in that 5%.
Neuron
Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:58 am
Guys, shear is what I classify as a gimmick. I specifically don't care about shear in this poll. I specifically stated I am not taking into account gimmick fights, and I am not taking into account your block chance from block rating. I am talking about pure avoidance for use in general. Continue the shear crap somewhere else please.
_________________


Warcrafter - The new CTProfiles.
fiorina
Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:11 am
Well, question is why to limit avoidance... Just get as much as possible you can get from the gear. Once you will have content on farm and your healers feel safe keeping you up, feel free to lower avoidance to whatever level needed.
_________________