Skip to content
Maintankadin

Reactive Threat

cordelia
Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:38 am

Reactive Threat

This is moved from the other thread.

Dorvan
Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:30 am
Oh, up to date threat stats....I was getting tired of using my 6 month old prince data and too lazy to collect something else, thanks a bundle!
kalbear
Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:29 pm
Just curious - what are your avoidance percentages? The holy shield seems extraordinarily low, and I'm wondering if your avoidance is just that high, if you kept up holy shield throughout the fight?

From all other parses I've seen HS factors in far more and consecrate far less. It's just kinda shocking.

Oh, wait, this was Rage Winterchill. Heh. of course holy shield doesn't matter so much in this fight. Duh.
cordelia
Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:04 pm
I welcome any and all relevant data from tankadins correctly geared for the relevant encounters. With enough parses, we can hopefully come up with some good generalizable data.

jere
Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:22 pm
Are there any fights you would like to see? I have some various parses from Karazan (mostly Prince), Gruul's lair, Mag's Lair (I think), Hydross, Lurker (I think), and Void Reaver

It wouldn't take me long to put the parse up on WWS.
_________________
fiorina
Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:11 pm
Great job Cordelia, very helpfull. To clarify few things for other posters.
I responded to the following line in "paladin tank bible"

kalbear
Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:26 pm
Rage is a generic joe boss?

I don't think reactive threat is responsible for 75% of all damage, but it's very very difficult to believe that so little is the norm for holy shield. For example, in the above parse assuming holy shield does roughly 210 damage, you used a total of 19 charges. Even for a short boss fight (3 minutes or so) we're talking one charge used every 10 seconds.

That doesn't jive with boss fights I've seen or WWS parses that I've seen.
Worldie
Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:05 pm
So actually, the point of this topic is saying that if the raid's highest TPS is 70% of our TPS, we can just disengage the boss. (considering it's a "joe boss")

Good to know.
_________________