Skip to content
Maintankadin

When does AD get applied?

Bige
Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:47 am

When does AD get applied?

I'm putting this in the Advanced Training forums because I'm assuming the answer could get pretty technical. A basic answer (ie 'Yes, you're right'/'No, you're so wrong') would be nice too though. I did a search but couldn't find the answer I was looking for, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

When does Ardent Defender get applied? Is it before or after damage reduction from armour? I want to say it's after (I think I read that somewhere, but again, couldn't find the post now that I actually want to see it).

Just to clear things up in my own mind: Let's assume a tank with 20k hp, 50% DR from armour and 500 BV. He's down to 5k hp, so AD is being applied next hit. The mob hits for 5k before any DR and the tank blocks. My understanding would have that 5k hit for (5000-50%DR=2500-30%AD=1750-500BV=1250) 1250, bringing the tank's hp down to 3750. Is that right or am I missing something here?

Thanks!
_________________
Rhî
Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:05 am
I've done no testing, but I would think, that the incoming damage after all other effects is reduced by 30%.
_________________
Dorvan
Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:32 am
Both the armor and AD reductions are multiplicative, so it doesn't matter what order they're applied in. Block value is applied after everything else (which means AD provides much more than a 30% damage reduction in AoE situations).
Dorvan
Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:25 am
[quote="Bige"

To clarifiy, would my above example then become:

5000/(1.5DR*1.3AD)=~2564-500=2064

a 2064 hit bringing tank's hp to 2936?

I think the math's right, it's too early in the morning for me to be sure Wink[/quote]

Almost, it's (5000 * .7 * .5) - 500 = 1250 as in your original post.
Bige
Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:50 am
Got it, thanks!
_________________