Skip to content
Maintankadin

Useful paladin macros!

Wes
Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:48 am

Useful paladin macros!

Running List of Macros:

Offensive:
Seal/Judgement
Lorath
Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:16 pm
You don't need to login to see your macros mate... check the macro-cache file in your WTF folder. I'm sure you can find it without more pointers. Smile
_________________
Lorath, EU Bloodhoof
www.thefallenorder.com

What do you mean 'class', I'm a Paladin ffs Wink
Arcand
Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:37 pm
Well, let's start with the obvious: Smile

/cast [target=target,help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget,help] Righteous Defense

Translation: If I'm targeting someone I'd want to help, cast Righteous Defense on them.
If not, then I must be targeting a bad guy. Target their target, and cast Righteous Defense.

If you wanted BoP to act as a backup taunt, you could macro it the same way -

/cast [target=target,help] Blessing of Protection; [target=targettarget,help] Blessing of Protection

Please note: While you can't accidentally Righteous Defense yourself, you can accidentally BoP yourself if the mob re-targets you just before you hit this. This could happen if your original target hits Feign Death, Fade, Vanish, Cower, Ice Block, or uses Improved Feign Death, i.e. gets killed.


Another minor convenience I have, bound to 2:

/cast Judgement
/stopcasting
/cast Seal of Righteousness

For when you're chain-judging Righteousness - this works with a single keypress since Judgement doesn't activate the global cooldown. And since it's instantaneous, SoR should always be there for your next attack.
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/49/12
Wes
Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:19 am
You know, your right! But im at school right now, ill post mine later when i get home.
_________________

Wes - Level 70, 10/41/10 Tankadin, Farstriders Server

Wes can, and will not be held responcable for spelling, and grammer errors or mistakes in the above post.
Arcand
Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:41 am
I'm not positive this is current. If it's not, tell me quick so I don't corrupt too many young minds:

/cast [modifier:alt] Holy Shield(Rank 1); Holy Shield

Translation: If the Alt key is down, cast Holy Shield Rank 1. Otherwise, cast Holy Shield.

The other modifiers I've seen are ctrl and shift; I'm not sure if there are any others. You can stack a bunch onto one heavily-overloaded key, if your memory is up to it:

/cast [modifier:ctrl] Holy Light(Rank 1); [modifier:alt] Holy Light(Rank 4); [modifier:shift] Holy Light(Rank 7); Holy Light
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/49/12
Wes
Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:16 pm
Can anyone confirm that those work? Ive never use a [modifier:BUTTON] code beofre, if they work, ill toss them on hte list.
_________________

Wes - Level 70, 10/41/10 Tankadin, Farstriders Server

Wes can, and will not be held responcable for spelling, and grammer errors or mistakes in the above post.
Glyhelm
Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:15 pm
Alrighty, here's the actual macros for some of mine:

Dorven
Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:32 pm
I'm a hotkey-player, so I use a lot of modifier: alt to save toolbar buttons.

For seals, I have one button for SoR/SoV, one for Sotc/SoJ, and one for SoL/SoW
For Holy Shield and Consecrate, I flip between regular and Rank 1 based on the Alt key.

For heal spells and Cleansing, i have a complicated macro which basically says:
- If I'm holding alt, heal me
- if I'm hovering my cursor over a friendly target, heal them
- if my target is friendly, heal them
- otherwise give me the blue cursor.

#showtooltip Holy Light
#show Holy Light
/cast [modifier:alt, target=player] Holy Light ; [target=mouseover, help] Holy Light ; [target=target, help] Holy Light ; [target=none] Holy Light

This is really nice because I can cleanse with a single keypress without changing targets or interuupting my threat generation.
AergisAergis's avatar
Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:43 pm
[target=mouseover, help]

Didn't know that was possible... Hmmm, that could be extremely handy.
_________________
Aergis -70 Paladin, Frostmane
Glyhelm
Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:35 pm
totally minor thing here, but why on earth are so many of these macros saying [target=target, something]

The default is target=target. [target=target, help] is equivalent to [help]
_________________
Glyhelm - 70 paladin on Zangarmarsh