Skip to content
Maintankadin

HP vs Midigation

Tally
Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:51 am

HP vs Midigation

I am having trouble trying to sort out my gear. I started by hunting down the best gear to make me uncrushable, and then once I got there, started to replace my gear with more and more overall avoidence and work shield block down in favor of dodge and parry.

I am currently at around 20% dodge and parry, and 23% block, but my HPs are close to 8K unbuffed.

At what point should I start focusing more on HP, and other stats, than overall midigation?

My characters name is Tally on Garona if you want to see specifics. But a general baseline answer will help.


Sorry if this question has been asked before.
Aalryn
Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:04 pm
You are going to want to get your hp above 8k immediately. Focus on nothing else until you do.
_________________
Official tankadin of The Core <Tichondrius>
Invisusira
Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:30 pm
490 defense and 10k hp should be your current goals. Don't worry about the %s for now.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Stupendous
Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:48 pm
garona?! thats my home server. Tell Tonkatuff to go eff himself for me
_________________
Joanadark
Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:10 pm
miTigation
_________________
"Misunderstanding the Tankadin is forgivable.

In many ways we are still learning to understand ourselves."

www.joanadark.tankspot.com
cyndeace
Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:38 am
I'm sitting at 500 defence and 10khp unbuffed, running somewhere around 60% uncrushable without holy shield. When I hit 70, I was looking at +defence and +sta gear. For awhile I was at 11khp and 495 defence. As I gather more mitigation gear I try to keep my health above 10k. The last two pieces I got(flesh beast boots and andormu's tear) have dropped me by about 500 health, but boosted my mitigation a ton.

When I got Andormu's tear, I asked one of my guilds healers what they would like better, 3% mitigation or 200 hp, she told me mitigation, so that's what I did.

What I have noticed is that when you get a good piece of +dodge/block/ etc it usually has less sta, so it can be tough balancing it all out.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Cyndeace