Skip to content
Maintankadin

Righteous Defense (Taunt) Hit Mechanics?

Scotthew
Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:35 pm

Righteous Defense (Taunt) Hit Mechanics?

Since I've been tanking Nalorakk (Bear Boss) in Zul'Aman a lot recently, it got me wondering. What is a boss's chance to resist my taunt? I assume that Righteous Defense follows spell hit mechanics, but I have no confirmation yet. If so that would give my taunt a 17% chance to miss and 14% after Precision (love the 2.3 buff). That's a significantly large chance, yet I haven't had a single taunt resisted in my 4 kills and 10-12 attempts. Am I just lucky, or am I wrong in assuming our taunt follows spell hit rules?

-Scotthew
_________________
- P E R I D O C -
Level 70 Paladin
Daggerspine - US
Arcand
Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:49 pm
Don't think about the possibility that you're due for a brutal cold streak. Twisted Evil
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/46/15 - Uncrushable at 15.2k
Jayson
Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:13 am
Righteous Defense, Taunt, Growl; all those were based on spell hit.

However:
"Paladin - Righteous Defense: The chance for this ability to land successfully on its targets is now increased by hit rating."

This is also being implemented for all the other taunt mechanics in the game.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/
Rhî
Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:20 am
Have you tested it? Or do you assume this new behaviour? Change from Spell to melee Hit rating doesnt mean automatically a change for the invisible game mechanism behind taunt.
_________________
Fridmarr
Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:19 am
Also, if it uses the melee hit table, then hopefully it can't be reflected Smile
_________________