Posted this on Blizzard's forums. Would love to get some feedback from the maintankadin community.
Ran some tests with seraphim on dummies and in dungeons
I believe seraphim itself can be used as a form of active mitigation, much like divine protection, ardent defender, and shield of the rigteous. Defensively, seraphim increases armor, versatility, multistrike, parry (crit), and mastery. The armor, versatility, and mastery alone reduces physical and magic damage taken, though less so magical than physical. Multistrikes improves the healing intake as mentioned in the above.
Here is the new rotation I am currently testing:
Divine Protection ---> Seraphim ---> 2-3 charges of shield of the righteous ---> Divine Protection ---> Seraphim
Here are the logged results on a dungeon dummy:
Damage taken value without any active mitigation; the dummy averages around 30k-38k a swing.
http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/txJ ... iew=events
Damage taken with blanketed active mitigation:
http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6MQ ... iew=events
Results:
Damage taken during seraphim active was the equivalent to having Diving Protection up. However, the chance to parry, block, and multistrike was significantly higher, making seraphim stronger than divine protection alone as a defensive CD.
I tested this rotation in several dungeons and always ended up being the top DPS and healer.
Conclusions:
Even at 9% baseline haste, I was able to keep this rotation going smoothly with an additional shield of the righteous in between seraphim for added dps. Additionally, I consistently found multistrike to be higher in dps and defensive value over haste. Multistrike may be the strongest dps/defensive stat for prot paladins at lower gear levels with this rotation. I believe it may outperform haste.
I'm not as astute with simulators as some others, but I'd love to see simulations done on the benefits of multistrike over haste. I haven't tested anything out mathematically, however I can see how multistrike may have a stronger dropoff point in rate of increased benefit than haste by virtue of what it does. The current simc models for beta paladins doesn't seem to take into account the potential for outside incoming heals to proc Shining Protector, which skews the results of calculated benefit from multistrikes.
TemporaryUserName
Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:36 am

