Skip to content
Maintankadin

What seal with the 10.3.12 hotfix?

Chronos
Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:52 pm

What seal with the 10.3.12 hotfix?

What seal should we use? SOT dmg nerfed by 80%, SoR > SoT for dmg output now? Not sure if the tooltip reflects the change yet or not, don't remember what it used to be. Not really wanting to use SoI.

Ty
Chronos
Extermi
Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:37 am

Re: What seal with the 10.3.12 hotfix?

My recommendation:

1) Use SoL (just eat it *g*)
2) Equip Battle Healer Glyph
3) Top the healing charts in Heroics ;-)

Extermi
Winkle
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:22 am

Re: What seal with the 10.3.12 hotfix?

Seal of Light also seems to generate considerably more threat than SoT. I thought healing threat was reduced by 90% some time ago but i definitely noticed a considerable change to my threat when i switched mid way through a MV run.
theckhd
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:33 am

Re: What seal with the 10.3.12 hotfix?

Extermi wrote:My recommendation:

1) Use SoL (just eat it *g*)
2) Equip Battle Healer Glyph
3) Top the healing charts in Heroics ;-)

Extermi

Battle Healer is good, but it's not that good. I did notice that I was worth about half a healer in the heroics I did last night though, which is pretty impressive. If your healer can put up some DoTs or something with those spare GCDs, it might be a net DPS gain for the group in challenge modes.

Winkle wrote:Seal of Light also seems to generate considerably more threat than SoT. I thought healing threat was reduced by 90% some time ago but i definitely noticed a considerable change to my threat when i switched mid way through a MV run.

It probably does now. If I recall correctly, healing threat is ~50% for most abilities (paging Dr. Jere?). Or 25%. Even at 25%, SoI will out-threat SoT+Censure. It seems like the Battle Healer glyph grants threat too. On Darkmaster Gandling last night, doing the achievement, I literally had to do nothing to pull the adds off of my healer. Battle Healer + SoI was doing enough threat that they just came straight to me.
Sagara
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:44 am

Re: What seal with the 10.3.12 hotfix?

theckhd wrote:
Winkle wrote:Seal of Light also seems to generate considerably more threat than SoT. I thought healing threat was reduced by 90% some time ago but i definitely noticed a considerable change to my threat when i switched mid way through a MV run.

It probably does now. If I recall correctly, healing threat is ~50% for most abilities (paging Dr. Jere?). Or 25%. Even at 25%, SoI will out-threat SoT+Censure. It seems like the Battle Healer glyph grants threat too. On Darkmaster Gandling last night, doing the achievement, I literally had to do nothing to pull the adds off of my healer. Battle Healer + SoI was doing enough threat that they just came straight to me.


Now this is the kind of stupid side-effects that is

a) totally awesome
b) nerfed to Hell and certainly never back
KysenMurrin
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:54 am

Re: What seal with the 10.3.12 hotfix?

theckhd wrote:Battle Healer is good, but it's not that good. I did notice that I was worth about half a healer in the heroics I did last night though, which is pretty impressive. If your healer can put up some DoTs or something with those spare GCDs, it might be a net DPS gain for the group in challenge modes.

The groups running Challenge Mode golds atm are mostly using 4 dps groups, so any self healing like that is an advantage.
jere
Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:04 am

Re: What seal with the 10.3.12 hotfix?

I can't check my notes at the moment cause it is blocked from here, but I believe SoI heals were at 50% (basically all heals but a select few were 50% and those select few were 0%...though now Lights Hammer is 25%, but I think that is a bug).

I'll check my posting at Tankspot when I get home today.
theckhd
Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:18 am

Re: What seal with the 10.3.12 hotfix?

theckhd wrote:On Darkmaster Gandling last night, doing the achievement, I literally had to do nothing to pull the adds off of my healer. Battle Healer + SoI was doing enough threat that they just came straight to me.

Interesting implication of this: Using SoI+GoBH means never having to worry about adds on the healer. You will automatically generate enough threat to pull them off a healer just by attacking. Completely trivializes the "pick up new adds" mechanic.
Fetzie
Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:41 am

Re: What seal with the 10.3.12 hotfix?

jere wrote:I can't check my notes at the moment cause it is blocked from here, but I believe SoI heals were at 50% (basically all heals but a select few were 50% and those select few were 0%...though now Lights Hammer is 25%, but I think that is a bug).

I'll check my posting at Tankspot when I get home today.


jere@tankspot wrote:
Code: Select all
SoI Healing      heal*2.50     heal*0.50
jere
Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:19 am

Re: What seal with the 10.3.12 hotfix?

So then yeah, a 50% modifier (or 250% if you lump it with RF). Thanks Pyrea.
Extermi
Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:24 am

Re: What seal with the 10.3.12 hotfix?

theckhd wrote:Interesting implication of this: Using SoI+GoBH means never having to worry about adds on the healer. You will automatically generate enough threat to pull them off a healer just by attacking. Completely trivializes the "pick up new adds" mechanic.


So no more need for Warlocks one can offheal like in the SSC days ;-)

Honestly, this is really strong, and probably will see a nerf once exploited. This is like a perma warbanner pointing directly to the tank.

Extermi
Fridmarr
Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:35 am

Re: What seal with the 10.3.12 hotfix?

Well if I'm understanding this all correctly, it is another indication that Insight was not meant to be the primary taking seal. They have been through this healing mechanic and the problematic threat generation before with judgement of light.
Sagara
Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:38 am

Re: What seal with the 10.3.12 hotfix?

Sounds a lot like it. Calling it now (and BOY are they going to eat flak for that):

SoI no longer generates threat for Protection Paladin.

Primary tanking seal my plot.
angelflavor
Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:47 am

Re: What seal with the 10.3.12 hotfix?

Sagara wrote:Sounds a lot like it. Calling it now (and BOY are they going to eat flak for that):

SoI no longer generates threat for Protection Paladin.

Primary tanking seal my plot.


*face palm* O how I wish this wasn't going to be true, but I feel it coming.