Edit: To summarise this lengthy thread, it appears that for whatever reason you require 103.4% CTC to be capped against his white swings. To be capped against inferno strike, you require considerably more, people have reported inferno strike hits even with 108.4%+. From a gearing point of view you're most likely best off going with 103.4% and just using CDs other than holy shield for inferno blade rather than trying to cap vs inferno blade.
I'm not sure whether I'm just being incredibly stupid at the moment or if Blizzard have actually changed something (or possibly both).
I've been using a block-capped set for several fights in Firelands, and I still seem to be taking unblocked hits. My raid buffed character sheet dodge is 14.3, parry 14.6, and block 69.05. 5 + 14.3 + 14.6 + 69.05 = 102.95% (I was at 102.45% but switched a couple of gems after noticing unblocked hits, but still see them).
Now I've noticed the odd unblocked hit showing up in logs and put it down to me possibly screwing up in some way and getting hit in the back (when moving hatchlings around worms on Alys, or getting aggro on spinners on beth and not really caring, for example), but now we're working on Baleroc which is a fight that's pretty impossible to let the boss hit you in the back on.
Looking at tonight's attempts, over all tries I took:
1814 melee swings, of which:
Hit: 125 (6.8908%)
Block: 962 (53.0320%)
Absorb: 112 (9.5369%)
Dodge: 230 (12.6792%)
Miss: 56 (3.0871%)
Parry: 268 (14.7740%)
(edit: fixed numbers)
Even assuming all the absorbs were blocked hits, I'm about 6.5% (edit: not 9%) short on my block for some reason.
Example of unblocked hit:
[18:50:49.593] Baleroc hits Rhia 184257
Example of full absorb:
[18:57:30.048] Baleroc hits Rhia Absorb (75753)
So, anyone got any ideas?
Edit: as Marblehead pointed out, world of logs counts absorbs as hits. So if you have the same number of hits as absorbs, that means you didn't take any unblocked hits (or if you did it was fully absorbed, we can't know for sure). If # of hits - # of absorbs > 0, then you have probably taken unblocked hits.
Rhiannon
Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:40 pm

