Skip to content
Maintankadin

threat mod's

Garwin
Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:32 am

threat mod's

let me just say that I realise this is particularly nerdy but I'm looking for a mod that will let me plot 2 things on a graph

my threat generation per second per second

my overall generated threat

and I want it to do it over the course of each individual fight. for testing purposes it'll be purely against a single mob but obviously being able to plot against up to 5 mobs would be advantagous as pulling packs of mobs seems to be the order of the day these days in karazan

I'm trying to speed up my trash pulling and I'm conserned that theres a "deadspot" where my threat generation dips quite low and something like a rogue or warriors threat generation peaks (ie the 5 combo point/ X ammount of generated rage moment) and if I can mesure my threat generation over time (and get our resident rogue/fury warrior) to do the same) I'll get a clear idea of at what point I need to push more buttons and if at all theres a point when I can ease off and conserve mana for the next pull.

I'm getting the feeling that this is something that I'll probably have to the combat log parser site for

my belief is that my threat curve starts high continues at that level for about 6 seconds then dips as cooldowns come up for refresh and then my threat drops as vengence stacks slow start to build up, blocks start registering and then slowly it comes back to a realativly high rate and will then spike with my next judgement.

I want to prove that and compare it to my guilds fury warrior and sword rogues threat curves.

any suggestions ?
Pizbit
Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:03 am
Hrm... At first, no idea.
On second thought, not really.
Third thought, recount has a nice purty live updating graph of your dps, this is aggregate between all mobs you're fighting of course. So not so hot for multimobs, but great for single mobs.
The whole more dps = more threat deal.

This mod(click on their name in the list to get the graph) will show you the dps curves of everyone whose graph you bring up.

Ace2 addon.
_________________
JacobHC
Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:15 am
Recount can do all that for threat as well, yes.

Bring up the threat report in the recount window, shift+click your name for your graph. This will show you instantaneous threat per second. Integrate the graph to display net values over time.

You may also add in other players that recount is capturing for direct comparison on the same graph, or view graphs of other reports as well.



Edited to include screen shot.

One further note: Recount uses the Threat-1 libraries, so it hooks into Omen's threat as well. If you wish, you can display the current threat values in Recount as opposed to Omen, and for solo testing simply be sure to activate the "Active When Solo" option for Omen to capture your threat information.
_________________
Garwin
Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:20 am
I shall be downloading recount very very soon I expect

thanks folks
ehly
Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:37 am
<3 recount

It has many uses though the graph system is very nice.

Like hmm wonder how I did threat wise with the warrior I tanked with in Kara tonight:



Or I wonder how this spell rotation works for threat, and pop open the live chart:




Though perhaps the oneI use it most for is..how the world did I just die?



Lets you go...where were the heals?

It is a very nice tracking mod Very Happy
_________________

guild: http://www.neltharionsfury.com/
Girard
Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:44 am
I liked omen until it started to get buggy =/
_________________
Pizbit
Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:14 am
heh, update it once a week then, you're accessing the cvs(svn?) respository so of course it gets updated daily, he's workin on it daily.

Never had any problems with omen here.
_________________
jere
Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:28 am
yeah, you don't have to have the most up to date version.

What you can do if you are having omen problems is do a party revision check (in the options) and it will tell you if anyone has a version incompatible with yours (big yellow text). If they do, see which of you has the higher version. The person with the lowest number loses and has to reinstall the new version.

I never have problems with Omen unless someone else hasn't updated it in like 5 weeks or is using KTM. It is really easy to reinstall if you have the wow aceupdater installed too.

<3 Omen
_________________