Skip to content
Maintankadin

Holy Shield Change

Soloz
Sat May 14, 2011 3:46 am

Holy Shield Change

Couldn't find another thread on this figured I'd post it up

* Holy Shield now increases block chance by 5% while active, instead of increasing the amount of damage blocked by 10%.

So with this change we will block cap easier but it would seem we won't be on par with damage mitigation with warriors where they ave Crit block.

There was a change to the Block meta gem going from 1% to 3% which kinda helps.

What do you guys think?
Palabrewtis
Tue May 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Re: Holy Shield Change

Actually it's in a completely different discussion forum. I did the same thing posted in here requesting any math relating to this possible change. I deleted my post after finding it in the general forum.
d503
Tue May 17, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Holy Shield Change

Yeah, I was looking at View Active Topics (here), which is a much more complete view of the activity on the site...of course, I understand that not everyone uses this...
theckhd
Tue May 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Holy Shield Change

In any event, it's not worth spending much time working out the details of this change yet. It was pretty clear from the moment the PTR patch notes went up that we weren't seeing the whole story. It's meaningless to run a lot of math on the change from 10% block value to 5% block chance when we know that there's stuff happening behind the scenes that we don't have details for yet.
Palabrewtis
Tue May 17, 2011 11:29 pm

Re: Holy Shield Change

That's cool, I didn't even know you could do that.
Cavalorn
Thu May 19, 2011 6:07 am

Re: Holy Shield Change

...and another change, back to the roots. +10% blocked damage again.
Try & Error continued.

I'm wondering what the do now with the "new" block-meta.
Pyrea
Thu May 19, 2011 8:01 am

Re: Holy Shield Change

Cavalorn wrote:...and another change, back to the roots. +10% blocked damage again.
Try & Error continued.

I'm wondering what the do now with the "new" block-meta.


the change to the eternal shadowspirit diamond was reverted in 14133 too.
Cavalorn
Thu May 19, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Holy Shield Change

Hmm, I think I should read the whole story on mmo^^ Thx for the info.
Arnel
Fri May 27, 2011 9:54 am

Re: Holy Shield Change

Holy Shield has been redesigned. This talent is now an activated ability off the global cooldown. It grants 20% increased block amount to a paladin's shield blocks for 10 seconds, with a 30-second cooldown.


That was... unexpected...
amityafflict
Fri May 27, 2011 3:28 pm

Re: Holy Shield Change

essentially combined with t12 4p this can work to our benefit. Take a block capped gear set with roughly 15D/15P/5M and you have all physical damage (minus bleeds) having roughly a 70% chance to do 70% damage. HS takes this to 70% to do 50% damage, 20s/m. DP takes this to 70% to do 56% damage (with added non-physical damage benefits) 10s/m. 4pc prot takes this to 58% chance to take 70% damage 10s/m. All this totally 40s/m of a very smooth intake of damage when seated in a raid setting.

Other thing to remember is that atm they're just trying different things out for ways to deal with Paladin mastery, no point in finalizing anything atm.