Isn't the base miss chance for spells against a boss something like 17%? Or did that get changed? In any event, the 2.3 patch notes from TBC days has...Taunt: The chance for this ability to land successfully on its target is now increased by hit rating. So it is also affected by normal hit so that we, in combination with TBTL, can hit cap it, but I don't think TBTL is enough right out of the box.
Yeah I agree, however if we remember the old Taunt glyph which was somewhere around +6%-8% hit value added to taunt, we should realise we didn't need 17% spell hit before for taunt to not miss, so although for the purpose of game mechanics it is considered a spell, I put it to you that it only requires the user to be melee hit capped to land successfully.
Kinda got my posts the wrong way round, however in summary we can be safe in the knowledge that taunt does appear to not miss regardless of our hit rating.
Question to theck, does this dimminish the value of hit, I've seen you MATLAB graphs and hit is highest for TPS follow'd by Expertise upto hard cap, but my question would be:
In a purely EH / Avoidence set up, is external threat generation sufficient untill a threat lead is established.