Skip to content
Maintankadin

Interesting change for 2.3

Lore
Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:42 am
Unfortunately I don't think the client will send the cast request unless the cooldown is up, so it probably doesn't have any effect. I know I didn't notice it going up any easier on the PTR.

Some of our Warlocks said that they really didn't notice any effect on their shadowbolt spam either, so I'm not sure that it's actually working properly.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Worldie
Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:44 am
It wont affect anything, its just related to people playing with 500+ latency.
_________________

jere
Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:47 am
Oh well, I guess I was kinda hoping that the cooldown was handled server side and we simply made requests to cast the spell, but the more that I think of it, the more I am inclined to believe that the cooldown is handled client side instead, so yeah, yall are right: It should affect much of anything.

Oh well.
_________________
Fridmarr
Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:29 pm
It is working on the PTR, the best way to tell is to judge and then reseal at almost exactly the same time. Without a stopcasting macro, on live you'll get an error saying you are performing another action, and your seal won't cast.

Currently in the PTR, you get a rather odd effect, you will be resealed but the client will not register it, so you can't see the global cooldown that it caused or any seal animation. I tried to take advantage of it and piggy back a holy shield after it, thinking that the client doesn't know that the global cooldown is active and it'll let me cast, unfortunately, the server is too smart Smile
_________________
Nich
Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:40 pm
It's nice for chaining out a couple of heals. Or trying to judge or hit cons or HS after an AS or HoW.

Then again I play with ~600ms latency :<
_________________

as Holy: 6447 hp, 8688 mp, 1552 heal, 150 mp5 (in combat), 13.98%
mconeone
Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:46 am
They've said its not working for <= 1.5 sec casts. Hopefully it will be fixed in a PTR update.
_________________
Oramac
Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:59 am
the macro on live is:

/cast Judgement
/stopcasting
/cast Seal of Whateveryouwant

the above maco still works fine on the PTR (im too lazy to re-write it), but it SHOULD work without the /stopcasting part on PTR as well.
_________________
Garwin
Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:05 pm
most interesting thing I read (after the extra hps and new loots) was that clense is having the range increase to 40'

at last....
Candiru
Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:29 am
That removes our unique point on prince where the healers don't need to get close to decurse the MT though, as we can cleanse ourselves.

And on maiden where we can decurse the whole raid, rather than needing priest/pala/warlock spread out to do it.

Probably a good change though.
_________________
Forlorn
Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:13 am
Actually I look at it the other way, I often have a second or two free where casting a dispell on a raid member wouldnt hurt me, but having the healers break their heal cycle to dispell the same raid member can lead to bad times if were working with low healing.
_________________
Rasmfrackn
Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:53 pm
They've outright said no to a 1-deep spell queue... Sad
_________________
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
mconeone
Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:15 am
Not quite the same thing. There's only a small window (larger with more latency) that acts like you're "queuing", unless you just spam your next cast until it goes off. What's really going on is the server would be rejecting all casts that are sent while it is casting your current cast, and only accepting the next one when it is done.
_________________