Skip to content
Maintankadin

Seal of Vengeance - post 2.2

Lonso
Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:28 am

Seal of Vengeance - post 2.2

I've always preferred SoV over SoR for any mob that is going to live 60 seconds or longer unless there will be significant interruptions in my ability to keep it up, such as ground slam on Gruul. Actually, on Gruul I used it anyway once I had a good lead on threat figuring that its ticks while I'm out of melee range probably make up for the ramp up time reapplying it.

Now that it's been extended to 15 seconds (versus 12) before it falls off, I wanted to share my experiences with it and encourage other alliance pallies who may have opted for SoR in the past to reconsider.

Tanking VR, sometimes SoV would fall off for seemingly no good reason, especially after taking a knock-away. This could be minimized by paying close attention and waiting to judge/reseal if there were only a few seconds left before it would fall off. Often I'd look up mid-fight and see that I'd have 3 applications of the dot when I would have expected to still be at 5. Even with this issue my threat proved better with SoV than SoR.

After 2.2, I didn't have SoV fall off VR at all last week. For the entire duration of the fight I was able to maintain the 5 stacks that were applied with wings up so I had that 20% bonus the entire time. We set a new in-guild record of 8 minutes 6 seconds to kill him.

On Gruul, I found that in most cases I was able to keep SoV up through the ground slam/shatter. Prior to 2.2 this was occasional. It's not 100% but pretty consistent now. On Magtheridon, I used to sometimes lose SoV when he started bouncing me around. Not any more.

Also, I <3 Flask of Blinding Light
_________________
Caelia
Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:16 am

Re: Seal of Vengeance - post 2.2

Well, i usually use SoR, but i may give SoV a try on some of the bosses after i get a threat lead. (Judging SoV doesnt refresh the stacks right? only melee hits with SoV up.)
Invisusira
Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:57 pm
I've been playing around with SoV since the patch, but I really still don't like it that much... it consistently does less TPS than SoR for me. (+289 dmg base). If I juggle a little, I can get a few more threats, but it ends up being quite the mana hog...
Judge Crusader
SoV
Judge
SoV
5 stack
SoR
SoV
Judge
SoR
SoV
Judge

etc...
Suggestions?
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Nich
Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:46 am
I played around on VR the other week and had SoV become very good, actually.

I waited for my T5 pallytrinket to proc, activated the heroic spelldmg trinket, popped wings, had Crusader judged, and THEN I started building a SoV stack. Unfortunately it fell off while running back from some knockbacks.

Otherwise, it's pretty average.
_________________

as Holy: 6447 hp, 8688 mp, 1552 heal, 150 mp5 (in combat), 13.98%
Alixander
Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:40 pm
I used SoV for my winning Prince fight and Curator last Sunday, and have WWS data for it (and using the Continuum Blade to boot, so chance to proc isn't so hot), and I think it was better. Yes you can get the best threat using a mix of SoR and SoV, but I have a feeling SoV will come out on top. This coming weekend we should be doing Kara again, so I'll get some concrete numbers with SoR vs. Curator and Prince, then I'll post the results.
_________________


My Blog: http://kazielmmo.blogspot.com/
Alixander
Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:02 pm
Okay, I have numbers from Curator:

Lumenactio
Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:55 pm
Judging it should refresh the stack.
Ujo
Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:48 am
I got my new s2 spell dmg mace today. I am really happy for that, i think i don't need anymore my old crystalforged sword anymore. Tomorrow i take some test with that new mace wit ssc and tk how it works with sov and i promis tell it here. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sylvanas&n=Ujo
_________________
Level70 dwarf Paldin and ofc prot sepcced.