Skip to content
Maintankadin

Sacred Shield stacking

Scrawn
Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:13 pm

Sacred Shield stacking

Ok, so im a bit late to the party but I was just reading through http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t55577-holy ... ost1214562 where it denotes that SS stack with each other. Does anyone else have any links to more number crunching on this? Did anyone actually confirm whether the absorption stacks or whether its just the procs can happen independently?

If say we were running a prot tank, 2 rets AND 2 Holy paladins would it be worth keeping up 5 SS on one tank or am I getting the wrong end of the stick? Is it only viable to have 2 SS up on the tank so shield proc back to back to get better uptime?
Mert
Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Sacred Shield stacking

I believe the absorbtion amount doesn't stack, but each individual cast of Sacred Shield has its own independent internal cooldown so it can easily trigger the absorbtion on five consecutive hits if there were five copies of it cast on the tank.
Dalithe
Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Sacred Shield stacking

For aoe tanking it's pretty neat due to lag server/client issues you can aborb 2 different attacks for same exact amount before SS will will be consumed. I keep it up as much as possible on anything that hits hard because I consider it one more form of mitigation. And it costs very little.

For what I was referring to before though I was reading though my logs about something and found that:

Mob A's melee hits you for 547 (2174 Absorbed)
Mob B's melee hits you for 303 (2174 Absorbed)

the actual damage was made up because I do not remember what I actually got hit for. The amount aborbed is exactly the amount because for some strange reason I remembered it.