Skip to content
Maintankadin

Armor vs stam?

Squishums
Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:39 am

Armor vs stam?

Hey,

My personal tanking obcession is to stack armor. I feel that armor is a far better alternative to avoidance or threat for a slot/enchant that doesnt allow for a stam.

But like I said its an obcession, Im tempted to give up small amounts of stamina for more armor.....but where do I draw the line?

To use the signet of winter, the keystone great-ring, and the defenders code at the same time (none of which have any defence at all), I would have to not only change my helm (from the crafted BS helm to the helm of vital protection), but change a gem from stamina to defence. The total stam lost would be more than 40! (though with massive boosts in other stats aswell as just the armor).

According to my mathz, with limited buffs/unbuffed I would lose an alarming amount of EH. With all buffs (flask shout, etc) I would still lose a small amount of EH. But unless the bosses are doing magic dmg, EH from armor is better than EH from stam. The overall dmg reduction is significant, and youre less taxing to heal too because your health-pool is more compact.


SOOOOOO, I dont know how to quanify the way EH from armor is slightly better than EH from stam.....so I really cant compare it.

Any advice?
hoho
Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Armor vs stam?

What kills you more often, big melee hits or big magic hits? What helps you more against the hits that kill you?
jere
Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Armor vs stam?

I am blocked from work, so I don't know where to find the right constant, but if you know how to find the Armor equation constant for a level 83, then I can give you the more complete equation.

Basically for only armor changing:
Code: Select all
                            delta_armor
delta_EH_from_armor = HP*-----------------
                         lvl83_ac_constant


If you look at only HP changing:
Code: Select all
                            armor + lvl83_ac_constant
delta_EH_from_HP = delta_HP*-------------------------
                                lvl83_ac_constant


If both change at the same time, the equation looks a bit messier, but essentially is
Code: Select all
                                 delta_armor
delta_EH_from_both = delta_HP*----------------- + delta_EH_from_AC + delta_EH_from_HP
                              lvl83_ac_constant
CircuAuchindoun
Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:20 pm

Re: Armor vs stam?

I tend to use a lot of armor myself, however I have a 4pc t8.5 warrior/DK for the magic damage bosses.
Do you have an armory link?