Ardent Defender: Redesigned. Currently, any damage taken by the paladin while at 35% health or below is reduced. Instead, any attack that would reduce the paladin to 35% health or below has its damage reduced. In addition, once every 2 minutes an attack that would have killed the paladin will fail to kill, and instead set the paladin's health to 10/20/30% of maximum.
Generally speaking, this should buy you at least a couple of seconds to receive crucial heals—not to mention the elimination of "leapfrogging." Sadly I haven't yet had an opportunity to sink my teeth into Ulduar, but I'm curious how the more experienced set feels about this change. I know many of you have already MTed hard modes successfully, in spite of our relative disadvantage compared to DKs in particular.
With this change and the nerfs to DKs (reduced armor, Icebound Fortitude on 2 min. CD, &c.), where do you see us stacking up in terms of hard mode viability relative to other classes? Like Blood Draining, it's one of those things that seems very difficult to model mathematically, but how do you think it will pan out in progression?

