Maybe I misunderstood this but
"Block Value: The amount of bonus block value on all items has been doubled. This does not affect the base block value on shields or block value derived from strength."
Does that mean that the only gain at all will be from the items that have:
"Equip: Increases Block Value by 68." Which will go to 136.
If so this is actually a very poor increase. It would turn out I loose something to the tone of 2-300 BV worth of damage on ShoR, as there is only one BV piece in my "normal" tanking set. Not only this, but it turns out to be quite a large decrease for shield in PVP too, which sucks, I was kinda having fun as Prot DPS in arena.
I guess in PVE the extra 100 damage or so every 1.6 seconds will more than likely offset the threat loss from this, but for them to go on about how they are buffing block value, and then make a change like this seems odd. I'd imagine for the majority of tanks, this will have very little positive impact on their block value really outside of the trash tanking set.
Or have I just totally gotten this wrong and I'm an idiot?
One other thing I noticed was that they are increasing the duration of "trinkets" with BV, this also affects Libram of the Sacred Shield, which of course is only up when holy shield is up, so what? Perhaps I'm being an idiot, but doesn't this make Libram of Obstruction far better now also what with it lasting 10 seconds after this change @ 352 BV instead of Sacred Shield's.
Seems like some very dumb changes to me really so far.
Raeli
Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:14 pm
