Skip to content
Maintankadin

Def vs Dodge after cap

Feranor
Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:27 am

Def vs Dodge after cap

alright, I'm wondering if I could get a few lingering question I have cleared up.

I am a crit capped, block capped paladin, and my concern is with the value of defense as avoidance post cap. From what I currently know, (leaving out DRs), 39.348 dodge rating equates to 1% dodge at level 80. I also know that 4.92 defense rating is equal to 1 def skill, equaling .12% avoidance, .16% with block. thus, 39.348 defense rating equals ~.96% avoidance, not counting diminishing returns. However, I have heard that miss has harsher DRs than dodge and parry, and I am wondering if the avoidance of defense decreases much more sharply than that of dodge if one stacks it.
Threatco
Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Def vs Dodge after cap

Im not exact but,

Dodge is slightly more avoidance then defence per rating. By about a ratio of 1 to 1.1

Point to ponder. If your not block capped yet, and if you were blocking for at least 15% of the incoming damage ( think heroic boss or trash ) Then defence will actualy be worth more point for point.