Skip to content
Maintankadin

Effulgent Skyflare Meta Bonus

Dread
Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Effulgent Skyflare Meta Bonus

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=55345#comments:id=737220

So I saw this today (specifically the Aura modifier) and I was wondering if the damage reduction really only worked on spell damage or all damage (including physical). I don't have access to test it at the moment or I would just test it myself and report my findings. I would think it would be relatively easy to test, though. It would be really nice if this turned out to be all damage rather than just spell damage.
Majiben
Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:08 pm

Re: Effulgent Skyflare Meta Bonus

Spell damage
Dread
Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Effulgent Skyflare Meta Bonus

Purple
Panzerdin
Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Effulgent Skyflare Meta Bonus

I think Wowhead likely has the wrong tag ( (all) instead of just the relevant damage types) noted down.
Candiru
Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Effulgent Skyflare Meta Bonus

The "all" refers to all magical damage, its the same on Guarded by the light. I think its just wowheads contraction of the list of types.

Shield of the Templar has all the magical types and physical listed.
Loras
Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:36 am

Re: Effulgent Skyflare Meta Bonus

A guy on this forum discovered some time ago that instead of reducing the total spell dmg you take, it just increases your resistance number by 2%, which made it a quite disappointing metagem. Was it fixed, or it's still the same utterly useless gem?
Candiru
Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:14 am

Re: Effulgent Skyflare Meta Bonus

It was fixed a long time ago.
Loras
Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Effulgent Skyflare Meta Bonus

Any back-up on this?
Majiben
Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:15 pm

Re: Effulgent Skyflare Meta Bonus

Yes it's been fixed since 3.1 if I recall correctly.