But I was looking at Steelbreaker last from 25-man's Fusion Punch, and just how hard it would hit me. It has a base damage of 35000, and once the other two members of the Assembly are down, it is increased by 50% (25% 2x) to 52500. Now, my first thought is that it is unsurvivable without cooldowns, as I cannot get much past 45k raid buffed (gg no tank loot for first month of Ulduar). But I wanted to be sure about its final damage.
Here is where I come to my question. What is our total spell damage reduction? I know some things are additive, while others are multiplicative, but I had trouble finding what had a relation to what, and in what order they worked to reduce the damage of the blow, or if all of the reductions were added/multiplied, and then that final number was multiplied against incoming damage.
But our spell damage reduction talents/skills/etc are as follows:
Talents: Improved Righteous Fury (6% all damage), Shield of the Templar (3% all damage), Guarded by the Light (6% spell damage)
Glyph of Divine Plea (3% all damage)
Other: Blessing of Sanctuary (3% all damage), Effulgent Skyflare Diamond (2% spell damage)
I believe that is everything. I heard rumors that Grace, the Disc talent, stacked with Blessing of Sanctuary, but as it is just rumors, it is not included in my calculations. I included the Effulgent Skyflare Diamond because I felt that the strength of Fusion Punch as well as the pulsing High Voltage more than justified the 2% spell damage reduction over the 2% armor.
But the problem lies in how these all add up. Do we just add everything for a 23% reduction? Or do we multiply everything for a hair under 21% reduction? Or is it some combination of the two?
