Skip to content
Maintankadin

Glyph of Divine Plea

Quacky
Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Glyph of Divine Plea

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=45745#created-by

I remember when the PTR's just started there was a question of how this will stack with other 3% dmg reduction abilities particularly BoS. (Grace and Vigilance or the other two in the same buff category that I am aware of). A dozen pages of 3.1 talks went on and I got lost in all the details. Did we find out how this if this glyph stacks? If so is it a "more or less mandatory" glyph then?
Fridmarr
Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:32 pm

Re: Glyph of Divine Plea

If so it is probably mandatory. I don't know that anyone has done any definitive testing on it.
Spectrum
Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Glyph of Divine Plea

I don't think it stacks.

If they wanted to bring us in line with other tanks and increase our base mitigation they wouldn't do it through a Glyph. Glyphs are supposed to be more optional play-style decisions, and 3% damage reduction would be required for any serious tank.

On the other hand, if it doesn't stack it's just giving paladins a way to get the 3% damage reduction without having to put up sanctuary, freeing us up to have it up with kings and not have to worry about getting it from a discipline priest.
Wibu
Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Glyph of Divine Plea

99% sure it stacks. Yes, it's a mandatory glyph, but Blizzard aren't against mandatory glyps, they want more mandatory feeling glyphs so you have to make gamestyle choices like you do with talents with them.
Fridmarr
Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: Glyph of Divine Plea

There will always be best glyphs and they will always feel mandatory, and I agree with GC that those are fine. I think this one goes too far into the realm of balancing via glyphs.
Dakiros
Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Re: Glyph of Divine Plea

Spectrum wrote:I don't think it stacks.

If they wanted to bring us in line with other tanks and increase our base mitigation they wouldn't do it through a Glyph. Glyphs are supposed to be more optional play-style decisions, and 3% damage reduction would be required for any serious tank.

On the other hand, if it doesn't stack it's just giving paladins a way to get the 3% damage reduction without having to put up sanctuary, freeing us up to have it up with kings and not have to worry about getting it from a discipline priest.


Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they remove the 3% damage reduction from BoSanc?
Majiben
Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: Glyph of Divine Plea

You are wrong.
Dakiros
Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: Glyph of Divine Plea

Mmmkay. Thought when I read the patch notes all it had shown was the mana return and nothing about the DR. Of course I can't look now.
Dorvan
Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:54 pm

Re: Glyph of Divine Plea

Dakiros wrote:Mmmkay. Thought when I read the patch notes all it had shown was the mana return and nothing about the DR. Of course I can't look now.


It only referenced what *changed* about BoSanc, which was the regen component
Dakiros
Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Glyph of Divine Plea

Well I'm happy I read it wrong then, at least its still a somewhat useful buff for non-tankadins.
caerdydd
Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:04 pm

Re: Glyph of Divine Plea

MMOChampion wrote:Gives all members of the raid or group that share the same class with the target the Greater Blessing of Sanctuary, reducing damage taken from all sources by 3% for 30 min. In addition, when the target blocks, parries, or dodges a melee attack the target will gain 2% of maximum displayed mana. Players may only have one Blessing on them per Paladin at any one time.


This is what MMO Champion says about the BoS.
I'm pretty sure that BoS and the new glyph will stack otherwise they wouldn't have add it would they?
Spectrum
Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:48 pm

Re: Glyph of Divine Plea

Fridmarr wrote:There will always be best glyphs and they will always feel mandatory, and I agree with GC that those are fine. I think this one goes too far into the realm of balancing via glyphs.


On my two 80s thus far, a resto shaman and my tankadin, I liked that there were a few glyphs that definitely felt great, like you probably wouldn't want to run without them, but you had 1-2 major slots for which you had a few options based on your play style. For us tankadins we had people advocating LoH, RD, Judgement, and Exorcism glyphs (and probably some others). It made it feel like you had options. I wouldn't have called any of those "mandatory", but the RD glyph was definitely a cut above the rest and judgements stood out too.

This one feels like you'd be laughed at for not taking it if it stacks. It feels too mandatory, but I think it really gets into what Fridmarr is saying there. It would feel like they were giving us a significant part of our baseline mitigation through this glyph and fixing balance issues by creating a new mandatory glyph doesn't feel right.
Salamandra
Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:23 am

Re: Glyph of Divine Plea

Eh... there are completely mandatory glyphs from other classes/specs. A holy paladin without glyph of holy light is ridiculous. An elemental shaman without glyph of lava is ridiculous. Having one pretty much mandatory glyph, I think, is fine. Having more than one cuts down on any customizability glyph slots can give, two glyphs to put whatever you want in is enough IMO.

And yet Elemental Shamans essentially have 3 mandatory glyphs, anyone who has anything other than Glyph of Lava/Glyph of Lightning Bolt/Glyph of Flame Shock is doing it wrong. Glyph of Lightning Bolt is close to a 3% increase in damage done. Glyph of Flame Shock is more than 3% increase in damage done.

Only having 2 where the choice isn't immediately obvious isn't so bad.
Iselian
Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: Glyph of Divine Plea

Mandatory blessings aside... confirm/deny, Glyph of Divine Plea stacks with Sanct/Vigilance?
Majiben
Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:00 pm

Re: Glyph of Divine Plea

Yes, again it stacks.