Skip to content
Maintankadin

JoW/JoL math crunch and numbers

qwyn
Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:27 am

JoW/JoL math crunch and numbers

I was wondering if the math wizzes could crunch the numbers or if the forum foragers could link me to what these judges will do for a raid.

i had a hunter tell me that JoW translates to 70 mp5 for him, i would like to know where he got that figure and while were at it what kind of healing JoL will do (example: a rogue/feral druid will get X of healing over Y secs from JoL)

thanks for the help ^_^
_________________
Mortehl
Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:49 am
Assuming a 1 second attack speed, 50% proc rate, JoW will produce

2220 mana per minute (74*30). That equates to 185 MP5. Now modify for whatever attack speed is actually in play.
_________________
Afraithe
Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:58 am
Ive noticed JoL can do a very high amount of the total heals for a fight, altho a lot of overhealing. Basicly, use it whenever you can on bosses where you have melee taking damage (Lurker, Void Reaver, Gruul, Maggy etc).
_________________
Cames
Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:09 am
I prefer JoL if I have a lot of melee DPS and getting enough damage to keep up my mana pool. If I am OTing without a lot of heals, I tend to use JoW to keep my mana pool up to get more threat.

As far as pure math, it is pretty simple. Just look at the PPM and see how many raiders will be using your procs and multiply.

\
_________________
What is not dead can eternal lie;
In strange aeons, even death may die.
Arcand
Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:07 pm
Grabbing a random raid list and BSing numbers...here's what we had for our Gruul attempt two weeks ago. (Ignore the numbers; I made myself some notes about peoples' weapon speeds.)

2 SPriest
3 Mage
3 Rogue 1.8/1.6 1.6/1.4
3 Warrior 2.6/1.8 3.5
2 Warlock
3 Hunter 2.8
1 EnhShaman
2 Bears
1 Arcand

At this point I need help; I don't know anything about a shadow priest's damage rotation.

3 magi, none of them arcane, each have a JoW proc chance every 2.5 seconds when not being interrupted.

3 rogues, apparently all daggers, getting around 1.2 autoattack per second plus their instants. Let's pretend they get 1.5 hits per second.

3 warriors, one fury and two prot; let's average them out at 0.8 hits per second or something.

2 warlocks, not sure of their builds. I'll assume one spams shadow bolts and the other does nothing but DoTs and drains. Can Drain Life proc JoW?

One enhancement shaman, dual-wielding, call him 1.2 hits per second.

Two bears. (We were trying it out, to allow all the warriors to Execute. Didn't work all that great.) What's the attack speed for a bear? Answer: 2.50.

I was in there banging away with my 1.9-speed healing hammer, keeping JoW up and healing.

The remaining people were healers who did no damage. (The priests knew JoW was up but apparently they didn't have time to wand or were hugging the walls or something.)

Help me fill in the gaps in my knowledge and I'll crunch you some hypothetical numbers.
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/49/12 - Uncrushable at 13.4k
Gruul the Dragonkiller attacks. You block.
corc
Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:54 pm
silly question, is the JoL procs threat to US or THEM?
_________________
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
jere
Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:08 pm
The healing is attributed to them, so I would guess the threat follows suit, but that is just speculation on my part.
_________________
Worldie
Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:15 pm
Since usually melee are being healed by other people, usually JoW is always the right choice.
The JoL procs can help in fights like Maiden where the melee take very little damage, but in a fight like Void Reaver for example, that isnt really going to heal 6k damages in 12 seconds.
_________________
neokai
Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:02 pm
Another thing to note, JoL does not proc on spells iirc, so the only range guys to benefit would be hunters when they do autoshot. JoW works on all spells and abilitiies, including the first application of dots.

I'm a big advocate for JoW, partly becoz i myself benefit fully from the mana regen, but mainly becoz my raid is 2/3 caster based and they always want more mana.
_________________
----------------------------------
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.
Steve
Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:21 pm
Judgment of light only procs on melee attacks, as per the tooltip.

If you can only use one judgment, judgment of wisdom is usually your best bet. If you have lots of melee dps and a warlock to keep unstable affliction up (causing the JoL bug) then it's likely worthwhile to use JoL instead if there's a good chunk of splash damage to melee. (Lurker fight is a pretty good example of this as the above WWS parse shows.)