Skip to content
Maintankadin

Possible PSA/Question: Judgment, Ranged Crit, and Unarmed

Dazhbog
Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:47 pm

Possible PSA/Question: Judgment, Ranged Crit, and Unarmed

So, something I noticed the other day: I was getting my unarmed weapon skill achievement, and noticed my ranged crit chance increasing.

Now, I had heard rumors that Judgment may or may not be based on ranged crit chance? There are a couple paladins on my server who are saying it is, but I wasn't sure. If it IS, though, maxing unarmed skill could be rather important.
_________________
Arcand
Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:52 pm
Interesting, but surely somebody would have gotten an Unarmed skillup while judging with a weapon equipped by now? That would sure as hell catch my eye because my first thought would be "how did my weapon break".
_________________
"Almost silent, but watchful and helpful."
Elsie
Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:15 pm
Your crit chance is based on your weapon skill. Paladins don't have ranged weapon skills, so the logical assumption is to use whatever skill your current weapon is.

Since you had no weapon equipped, it used unarmed.
Dazhbog
Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:39 pm
I understand why unarmed is linked to ranged crit (kinda), I'm more trying to confirm that Judgment is/isn't based on ranged crit chance. Unfortunately I don't have any data from before I skilled up my unarmed skill.
_________________