Skip to content
Maintankadin

When to tell when I over stacking stats.

Dianora
Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 am

When to tell when I over stacking stats.

After my guild finished all of the 25 man raid content, I was chatting with the guild master and warrior tank who's stacked for avoidance/hit/expertise. I was rather surprised that his block value was at a pultry 733. I almost have twice as much block value as he does.

Am I over doing block value? Or does warrior have different priority?

His stat before DR:
Defense: 559
Dodge: 26.73%
Parry: 19.87%
Block: 20.87% 733 Block Value
Hit: 7.29%
Expertise: 29
Strength: 1019

My Stat before DR:
Defense: 557
Dodge: 24.05%
Parry: 18.66%
Block: 21.77% 1373 Block Value
Hit: 4.39%
Expertise: 15
Strength: 1139
_________________
moduspwnens
Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:41 am
Depends on what threat you need. Right now, I could probably take zero threat stats and still have no problems the vast majority of the time. With the ShoR fix and JoL nerf, that may change, though, so who knows.

To answer your question, it's very likely the Warrior needs threat stats (hit, expertise) more than you do right now, and I don't think it's a problem.
_________________
Collecting mounts? Check this out.
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Majiben
Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:43 am
We aren't crippled by misses as easily. We also have amazing str scaling.
_________________
Wachter
Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:49 am
when your healer goes afk on a bossfight, cooks a hotpocket, downs a beer, and comes back to see your health shifted by maybe 10%

maybe
_________________
Lythac
Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:06 am
I was having a discussion with one of the warriors in my guild similar to this. My guild currently has too many tanks and we have a high signing rate for raids and the slight problem that we all do in fact want to tank and aren't tanks wanting to go DPS.

1 Feral
1 Protection paladin
2 Warriors
1 DK

He was worried about threat levels when compared to me and was looking favorably on gear with expertise and hit. Trouble is I have ghost hit, JoL threat, an unbuffed BV of 1450 and low avoidance 47% (so more space for blocking on the attack table) so I am doing high threat for a high threat tank.

I have been purposefully going for BV/BR gear as the warriors don't really want it and it results in gearing up the tanking team faster. When they have their bits I will start collecting the avoidance pieces, but really atm with so many tanks I can go down the path of specializing in high BV as we use best suited tank for each encounter.
_________________
Majiben
Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:34 am
Ghost hit was removed a week or two ago.
_________________