Skip to content
Maintankadin

Block Value -> Shield of the righteousness convertion

Belarkan
Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:24 pm

Block Value -> Shield of the righteousness convertion

I am trying to understand how I get the ShotR damages from the BV.

I'm currently at 1262 BV.
ShotR is BV+520 which gives 1782.

Redoubt is counted in the base BV.
Shield of the templar gives +30% to ShotR
1 handed weapon gives 10%

So whatever I do, I do not understand how it works.

1782 * 1.3 * 1.1 = 2548.26
1782 * (1 + 0.3 + 0.1) = 2494.8

My ShotR hits for 2377.

Any idea what I missed ?
Belarkan
Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:27 pm
ok, in reply to myself, I finally found it a strange combination:

((1262 * 1.3) + 520) * 1.1 = 2376,66 which is near enough to 2377.

It seems weird that shield of the templar doesn't take the additional damage in the 30%.

Is that a bug ?
Dorvan
Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:38 pm
Looks like it could well be. Let's have someone else confirm this (I would, but I'm not prot atm) and you should report it.
_________________


WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
xstrykr
Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:44 pm
I don't think so. ShoR R2 is actually BV+400. With Shield of the Templar, 30% of 400 = 120, which is why it ends up being BV+520.

Therefore your math of (BV * (1 + 0.3 + 0.1)) + 520 would yield the correct calculations, as would (BV (with Redoubt) + 400) * 1.4.
_________________

Me: 15/15 Naxx-10, Arch-10, Sarth+0-10, Arch-25
Flex
Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:00 pm
Talents that affect a specific ability/abilities (SottT) update those tooltips. Talents that affect everything (1HWS) don't update tooltips.
Tullock
Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:36 am
But did you know that the libram that boosts damage for shield of the righteous also boosts damage for shield of righteousness....
Salamandra
Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:49 am
He's right. The Libram that boosts damage for "Shield of the Righteous" does boost damage for Shield of Righteousness.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=38363

Libram equip bonus has a massive error.
_________________