Skip to content
Maintankadin

Resistance Mechanics?

Rasmfrackn
Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:38 pm

Resistance Mechanics?

I know there aren't a whole lot of resist fights around, and arguably the ones that could be aren't necessarily, but anyway:

Has there been a definitive check on how the resist mechanics work now? Clearly, something has changed. My partial resists aren't stuck in the 0/25/50/75/100 increments anymore. I was DPSing on sapphiron one night with all 3 plate FrR pieces and frost aura, putting me at 414, and just eyeballing the partials coming in on SCT it sure didn't seem like 75% reduction. Nearly everything was in the 50-60% range.

Is 415 really still the cap? Is it really still an average of 75% reduction? Is it less swingy in the middle parts of the curve than it used to be?

Just curious if there are numbers somewhere... I still can't find things on EJ for the life of me.
_________________
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Tullock
Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:21 pm
Not that the official forums are a fount of information, but i did see this question asked there and the answer was that resistance was changed to work on a 10% scale, rather than a 25% scale, which seems to coincide fairly well with what little i have seen of resistance fights in game, but i havent done any hard checking for it.
Wolvar
Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:33 pm
We noticed the same thing on a recent sapph fight. 50-60 is all we were getting at 415. Seemed odd given that you get about 20-25% or so with just an aura/totem.
_________________
Candiru
Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:34 am
If I stick on fire res aura and stand in the lava on sarth, my combat log is VERY consistent resists.

I haven't analysed it, but I don't think I took any non-resisted hits in about 30 hits from standing there.

Seems very different to TBC!