Assumptions are made for both Paladin and Warrior that the following talents are taken:
Talents assumed taken:
Warrior's: 5/5 Anticipation, 2/2 Shield Mastery, 5/5 Toughness, 3/3 Vitality and 5/5 Deflection.
Paladin's: 5/5 Divine Strength, 5/5 Anticipation, 5/5 Toughness, 2/2 Sacred Duty, 5/5 Combat Expertise, 3/3 Redoubt and 5/5 Deflection
For the most part I updated the entire spreadsheet, cleaned up the general format.
There is still a bias for determining effective health when mitigation is greater than 102.4% where this time of gearing is only the most effective on 2~3 raid bosses in this current content.
I currently use this most often to compare possible gem choices and gear enchants, prior to actually purchasing them. As well as getting close to 689 defense rating as close as possible while maxing out other stats.
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?lwqezjndywi
Alternative Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lwqezjndywi/DRPARTDOS.xls
Compatibility: Open Office and Excel
Spreadsheet is no longer compatible with GoogleDoc's. A free and good alternative to excel is Open Office which runs on Java.
Again all suggestions for improvent is appreciated.
Just finished updating the spreadsheet for 3.0.8 as well as including warriors in the calculations. Any who, I'm not planning to make a Google Doc Version anytime soon… So if you don't have excel atm tough luck… But I'm sure it is compatible with Open Office so if you don't have Excel go pick that up for free.
Assumptions are made for both Paladin and Warrior that all talents that boost survivability are taken.
Talents assumed taken:
Warrior's: 5/5 Shield Specialization, 5/5 Anticipation, 2/2 Shield Mastery, 5/5 Toughness, 3/3 Vitality and 5/5 Deflection.
Paladin's: 5/5 Divine Strength, 5/5 Anticipation, 5/5 Toughness, 2/2 Sacred Duty, 5/5 Combat Expertise, 3/3 Redoubt and 5/5 Deflection
I'm still not 100% sure on warrior base stamina, can't access a few sites here at work that would help me figure those out as well as tauren bonus hp/stam racial.
So any help with that is appreciated, as well as some testing.
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?dn3wlmftmjz
Alternative Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dn3wlmftmjz/DR308UPDATE.xls
Updated 01/27/09 Fixed DR calculation on miss.Credit
First of all I want to thank the folks over at Elitist Jerks for their information/formulas.
As well as harlekin for his original spreadsheet, his gave me a motivation to make this one work the way I wanted it to.
Main Differences
The main use of this spreadsheet is to be able to pull your stats directly from your armory page. Then input whatever gear/items you find online and see if that's a possible upgrade as far as stats go. To get more concise information other than wowarmory.com I prefer armorylite.com. Again, no further "base" calculations need to be figured out by the user of the spreadsheet other than block value which is not displayed on your armory, but something you have to mouse over each gear. (Don't forget to include block from shield into your calculations as well as the Block Value from gear). I tried to make this spreadsheet as easily accessible to any user so there is no confusion.
I have included race selection into the formula with base agility for each possible paladin race. This is in order to calculate a more accurate dodge with diminishing returns.
I just finished it this morning and added a few last minute things such as: Improved Devotion Aura and Blocked Damage.
If anyone has any further information on the accuracy of the Blocked Damage as well as the proper calculations for Improved Devotion Aura, please let me know.
Update 01/07/2009: Found correct formula to determine block value will update spreadsheets this evening
If any bugs are found or "off-the-wall" calculations are incorrect please reply to this thread.
Downloads
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zmzzydenn ... Google.xls // Alternate Updated: 01-08-09 12:35PM
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rnoe1o0om ... _Excel.xls // Alternate Updated: 01-08-09 12:35PM
Also
If anyone knows a better file hosting site pleast let me know =/
Updates:
An alternative way of getting the spreadsheet to those who don't feel comfortable with mediafire is through this link:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pOoaeqDSmrEr92fo8p3gCHA
You can not edit it, but you may go to File > Export > .xls Then save the spreadsheet to your system.
Changes
-Included +2% Armor Value Meta
-Updated Armor Formula to included Agility
-Fixed Strength Total for Item1 (Thanks Hearthy!)
-Fixed Hit Points in Item2 (Was Defaulting to included + Miner Bonus)
