Skip to content
Maintankadin

Percentual damage reduction addition.

Martie
Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:09 pm

Percentual damage reduction addition.

Alright, I've been wondering about the addition process of our different sources of damage reduction.

I'll illustrate with an example.
Assume a boss hits me with a spell. I'm at 25% health and I just activated my bubblewall.

At this point, I'll have the following percentual damage reductions affecting me.

Imp. Righteous Fury. 6%
Blessing of Sanctuary. 3%
Ardent Defender. 30%
Guarded by the Light. 6%
Shield of the Templar. 3%
Divine Protection. 50%

Adding up those percentages, I'd end up with 6+3+30+6+3+50=98% damage reduction.

If I were to apply the percentages one at a time, I would end up with 100*(1-(0.94*0.93*0.7*0.94*0.97*0.5))=71% damage reduction.

There are various other options, like adding the talent-based percentages together and multiplying it by the spell-based percentages added up.

Anyone know how all this adds up?
_________________
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!

This is my armory profile
Scottzirra
Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:29 pm
fairly sure that all raw % multipliers work in a multiplicative way, rather than additive. so the math that results in 71% reduction looks right to me.