Skip to content
Maintankadin

Diminishing Returns Confirmation and Explination

towelliee
Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:10 am

Diminishing Returns Confirmation and Explination

Here is my Armory for Stats


http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Towelliee

Defense Rating = 773
Dodge Rating = 256
Agility = 114


So I read through the basics post again and I need to know if this is correct for my DR caculations;


((773/4.918) * 0.04) + (256/39.348) + (114/52.084) = 2.3

Dodge w/DR = 1/(0.011347) + (0.956/2.3)) = ?????

What I don't understand is the above equation I get 0.4 Can anyone confirm?

Also Dodge w/DR tells me what exactly?

21.98% is my dodge now do I add the DR return to my current dodge then after that percentage the numbers start to go down for every dodge rating I receive?
_________________
Janduin
Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:46 am
Base and talented avoidance aren't affected by DR. The easiest way to calculate this stuff is to use harlekin's spreadsheet (look in the Defense vs. Dodge thread). If you want numbers you can compare to your character sheet to see if you are doing it correctly, follow the template I posted in this thread:

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?t=18114

For myself, I took Harlekin's spreadsheet and added another column to give me the character sheet numbers, but I don't have webspace to post my additions.
_________________
towelliee
Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:04 am
Still having trouble with that spreadsheet I can figure out DR on 2 items can anyone help me with my stats.

My main objective is "What percent will my Dodge become useless or START to Diminish"
_________________
towelliee
Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:17 am
That I understand. I didn't mean useless I mean receiving less rating.

So I have 256 dodge. So I need to hit 700 dodge rating to start seeing DR??
_________________
towelliee
Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:28 am
Jesus age christ thats a lot of dodge, but again OVERALL Defense is best avoidance.
_________________
Venoseth
Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:34 am
Right, but remember that block that lets you reach-block capped is still "more useful" than Dodge that doesn't, as far as making you easy to heal (less spiky).
_________________
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth
Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:30 am
We're such sticklers about verbage, which is important from time to time, but a lot of people use "avoidance" incorrectly, and I've just learned to live with it. lol

"But I'm 'avoiding' damage, isn't that avoidance!" lol
_________________
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."