Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hand of Sacrifice

Kalakaua
Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:14 am

Hand of Sacrifice

It seems like this spell is extremely underused.

We never really used blessing of sacrifice because the damage it absorbed wouldn't really save anyone's life and it meant getting rid of the blessing we had already put up there.

However, now that it's a hand, it doesn't remove any blessings and absorbs a full 30%. That could save a healer during some intense aoe damage...

Sorry if this is old news, but I've only recently discovered the wonderfulness of this spell. I wish I could use it while offtanking in Naxx, but I'm usually main tanking it Sad
aka
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:04 am
hand of sacrifice is effectevely massively underevaluated.

I'm using it of course in low damage OT situations (despite the fact that OTing with wisdom seal and judgement is typically an infinite mana situation), and also in conjunction with the bubble on a razuvious add taking too much damage, or on the maexna MT during the mass stun, on patchwerk while i'm healing, on loatheb MT if things goes a little rotten in the end (not sure if that works effectively, but I was taking damage), anub with the locust if things goes wrong, my healer on 5 men...

this is still a minus 30% damage on a target. and this is sooo nifty.
_________________
Akadurgrim (Ysondre EU) <Wild>
Tankadin/healadin/retadin
Belloc
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:15 am
Our group (2 pally tanks) use this as a mini-shield wall every chance we get.
_________________
Belloc
rad
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:23 am
i use it with DG for a massive 60% damage redirect
i use it in heroics sometimes, like on that 2nd boss of old kingdom if our DPS is too fail to burn the drain quickly
useful as an oh $%& button to give the healer more breathing room when everything else is down

its a great skill, and i wish the CD shorter!
Thels
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:31 am
It's 51% when combined with 2/2 DG.

Still interesting, though. I should really redo the layout of my skill buttons so I can press these kind of skills more often :/

Then again, I'm not too happy popping DG in order to save the MT, as it's pretty easy to stay 2nd on aggro list AND a lot of bosses are tauntable now. I'd rather keep the ability to Bubble Wall in case the MT does.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
moduspwnens
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:47 am
To be fair, I used to use the old version on Hex Lord. It worked pretty well there.
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Veilan
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:37 am
I've been using it sporadically, but I'm just too much of a slacker these days. Should at least put it back in my quickbar, I guess. It can really be a helpful tool.
_________________
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Ewige
Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:09 am
Well damn, completely forgot about this spell! Oh, how many times I could have uses this.

Thanks for the reminder.
_________________
Eiv
Ascendant
Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:09 am
I use this spell every opportunity i get, I have been trying to convince our holy and ret paladins to start using it as well, but they are afraid of dying.
rad
Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:23 am
even the holy and ret paladins can do a ghetto DG by bubbling and casting HoSanc on the MT.
Mex
Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:19 pm
Heh. We were doing Sarth + 3 the other day.

MT calls for guardian spirit just as second priest DCs.

I threw hand of sac on MT and prayed he was using IBF or Bone Shield too.

Sarth breathed, MT lived, I copped 14k damage (with a 26k healthpool), then promptly died to enraged elementals.