Skip to content
Maintankadin

Is 540 Really uncrittable?

Saladin
Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:39 am

Is 540 Really uncrittable?

Tanking Heroic Halls of Lightning in mostly 10 man naxx gear a cpl of pieces of 25 man -

540 def (691 def rating) and I got crit (multiple times by multiple mopbs) by the blistering elementals right before the second boss. Anyone else have trouble with this?

WWS report from 25 man naxx the night before didnt show me taking any crits in the same gear setup.

I wonder if its possible for just these mobs to be bugged?
_________________
Majiben
Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:42 am
Some mobs have abnormal cirt rate usually due to a buff on themselves or debuff on you. several threads on this going already in the general forum I believe.
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus
Kracus
Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:07 am
Kill the fire guys first
_________________

Your mom is a 6 pull.
Diocaska
Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:20 am
Same situation with Striders back in Zangermarsh. Had over 490 def rating and got crit by a level 64 while level 70.

At 80, its no supprise to see the same situation pop up with certain mobs. If you have 540 defence, the only way you will be crit is through a debuff reducing your defence, or by a mob having an increased chance to crit, or a buff increasing its chance to crit. Its very unlikely that it will happen on a boss mob.

One other thing that use to have to be considered, was a talented judgement of the crusader being spell reflected. Man that use to be fun times.
_________________

"Good tankadins know all the fundamental rules of tanking
Great tankadins know when to break these rules" -Passionario
Saladin
Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:49 am
Thanks for the responses guys - i suppose i should have checked buffs or debuffs first! silly me!

i guess its a good thing those sorta buffs aren't in any raids yet? XD
_________________
Cerwillis
Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:09 am
Here's what Psiven said when I posted about the same thing:

Kelarik
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:05 pm
I carry around a shield I got at level 70 that has tons of Stamina, but not much else, and have a macro to swap between that and my main shield when I need to take more damage, but don't want to give up smacking someone across the face with a shield. It's fun, really Smile
_________________
The Path of Light was a simple choice when deciding which academy to join. With proper lighting you can get a good reflection from any body of water. An elf has to keep his hair in check, after all.