Skip to content
Maintankadin

Sacred Shield

Arjuna
Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:39 am

Sacred Shield

Ok, i dinged 80, finally (yay!), and now i got my little Sacred Shield spell, now I just have one question...

How and When do I use it?

For hard-hitting bosses only or just macro it to my entire keyboard for faceroll?
For solo, or for instances? or both?
_________________
hoho
Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:49 am
I try to use it before pulls and roughly when it expires. I tend to forget it quite often though.

Maybe it would be good idea to insert it into the 696 macros? E.g copy the 9 macro three times and replace one of the spells with sacred shield? Probably not the best idea though
Majiben
Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:57 am
I would use it when you know you're going to be taking a large amount of damage especially without normal heals (loatheb comes to mind). It can also be used while soloing elites. It is not worth it to use in a normal rotation because it denys you mana twice (large cost and prevents SA mana regen) all the while costing you a GCD.
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus
Nicki
Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:58 am
im starting to really like this spell..consider it our spell mitigation :p
_________________
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Mortehl
Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:12 am
Honestly, there's very little room in the tankadin thread rotation to use this. I apply it when I don't have a holydin around before boss pulls, difficult trash pulls, and during those occasional phase changes when you have your hands in your pockets waiting around for the boss to stop being emo.
_________________
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Ewige
Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:20 am
Only slightly worse than Cat on Keyboard, stealth wiping raids since 2006.

I dunno if I'm alone on this, but I don't really worry about rotation most of the time. Once you get into the rhythm, restarting it is cake at any point (almost muscle memory). I try to keep SS up at all times and I know our holy paladins do, too.
Alrinea
Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:03 am
i prefer having our holys spread it into the raid. more dmg absorbed as it scales with spelldmg as far as i know.
_________________
Elsie
Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:52 am
I largely ignore it. My DPS is insane right now, and it's only really useful in heroics when your DPS / healer are idiots - and 500 absorption doesn't really stop that. I like to kill mobs faster so people have less time make mistakes.

In raids it's handy during aoe or no-tank phases such as Malygos whirlwind to prevent a squishy person from getting killed.

In pvp, as ret, I use it whenever I'm not in range to spam a CD. Or in place of consecrate if I don't have something better to do on a stunned target (ie, not taking damage and they might run away soon).