Skip to content
Maintankadin

Blessings

Thornir
Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:39 pm

Blessings

One of things I considered when 3.0 came out was the effect of the blessings. With AP being a major factor in threat gen right now, I'm sort of leaning towards Might. One of the things I was wondering was the point in which the damage mitigation of Sanctuary undermines the sheer increase in Stamina from Kings. What's your best blessing?
_________________
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger

Majiben
Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:12 pm
Am I tanking trash or a boss? Heroic? Raid? 5 Man?
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Kynes
Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:19 pm
I picked Sanct because...

It only applies to 5 mans (for me). And 5 mans mean I need mana. In raids, I always have another paladin with Kings, it's why I'm not even specced for it.
_________________
Kynes - The Underbog
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Underbog&n=Kynes

Eversteel used to tank uphill both ways in the snow.
Without heals.
Argali
Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:28 pm
Sanc is always my default blessing, unless I need EH.
_________________
Taylia
Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:08 pm
Sanctuary hands down. I haven't put Kings on myself since 3.0. Granted, I haven't come across a real threat yet (matter of fact, the last few near wipes in 5 mans, I wound up soloing the boss for the last few percent as everyone else lay dead nearby cheering me on) but.. until I find myself needing Kings, where a lack of it is a dealbreaker on a boss, I'll stick with Sanc.
Knaughty
Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:20 pm
Sanc for trash, kings for bosses (except Loatheb - Sanc then.)
_________________
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum.
Knaughty
Naxx-25 15/15 pre-buff
Petrus
Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:47 pm
Generally Kings for raid bosses and Sanc for everything else, but I'm almost never the only paladin.
_________________
Extermi
Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:40 am
I tend to buff kings for a couple of reasons:
-> more pure STR for nice shield crits, and better block mitigation
-> Higher HP so that DDs with Arena gear dont tell me how close they are
-> a tiny bit more mana to operate from
-> a tiny bit more crit

Since all Seal damage was nerfed so hard, but threat still close to a non-issue, I can also switch to seal of wisdom for the situations where I tend to run OOM. I definitely like sanc as second buff, however I am rarely with another Paladin in raids.

Extermi
Belarkan
Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:03 am
Sanc for regular 5 men and trashs, king for bosses and heroics.
I tend to get king first and change it to sanc if my mana goes low.
Katie Lynn
Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:25 pm
Sanc.
_________________
Veilan
Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:43 pm
Sanctuary,

since oom-tank is sad-tank Sad.
_________________