Skip to content
Maintankadin

Northrend weapon enchant

amh
Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:07 am
And greater planar essence is still overpriced, probably getting worse every day.Oh well, at least I got shards and dust for another 10 potency-enchants.
Eanin
Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:20 am
I don't think anyone really knows yet what the Black Magic enchant does. If it reduces attack speed or generates a lot of extra threat, it could end up the winner.

Mongoose is still a nice enchant. It wasn't nerfed like Crusader was with levelling, and if it procs with ShoR, then it could be up eaily half the time.
_________________
Optics
Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:33 pm
It doesn't reduce attack speed. It applies a curse doing about 230dmg per tick every 3 sec for 15 sec.
_________________
vschiano2008
Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:04 am
WTB lvl 60+ crusader enchant.

i mean, pre patch, there was Soulfrost- 50 shadow/frost dmg.. sunfire 50 fire/arcane dmg...

Should have been a 50 nature/holy dmg enchant imo. why cant they make an LOL SICK pally enchant.
_________________
hoho
Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:06 am
There is 63 spelldamage enchant
PsiVen
Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:56 am
Potency is ~38 TPS
Black Magic is ~104 TPS... while it's active.

Unfortunately as a 15-sec DoT with a 50% proc rate described as "sometimes" ? I highly suspect that there is a long internal cooldown. If it's 45s (standard 3x duration for trinkets) it's at best ~35 TPS, worse than Potency.

But if it's a per-target cooldown, especially if it procs on Consecrate, it's worth a second look. Most likely nobody will even buy this enchant until the next PTR to test it though, as its potential for being a horrid waste of mats is tremendous.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Bloodsail Admiral Psivenia, 70 Warrior
70 Belfadin, 62 Druid, 60 Priest, 60 Warlock

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Constantine
Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Ah, but the real question is 'does it look cooler than potency?' I will give up ~3tps for a cooler looking enchant on my weapon with no problem. Cause that's the kind of guy I am.
_________________
No armory link necessary. I am so awesome that if you clicked my armory link, your computer would explode.
Or perhaps whatever the opposite of that statement would be.