Skip to content
Maintankadin

what's your prefered stat to stack?

daemonym
Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:16 am

what's your prefered stat to stack?

just curious what kind of tanking gearing/gemming/enchanting method you like the most. yes i know that no single stat is be all end all to be had at the expense of all others at all times. but more like assuming you're uncrit, block capped and your threat is just ducky, what would you like to dump the rest of your gems/enchants into?

personally, i'll be going with strength because i plan on staying block capped as much as possible and the idea of tanking 3 heroic mobs at once and take zero damage it rather appealing. i also love the synergy it has with AD, making the reduced hits even softer.
_________________
Did you think we had forgotten? did you think we had forgiven? Death to the scourge! and death to the living!
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowmoon&n=Daemonym
shadowmoon, lvl/spec/gear: work in progress
Candiru
Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:28 am
Armour!
Deflect
Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:32 am
Strength and Stam sounds nice.
fuzzygeek
Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:47 am
Spell damage. Duh.
_________________
Nehor
Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:45 am
LOL
_________________
Cowards die many times before thier death, the valiant taste of death only once.

Nehor 78 Silvermoon, US
Jagged Edge Guild
Lucislasus
Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:05 am
I like HP because HP=Prestige.
Which is bullshit though.
_________________
Panzerdin
Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:09 am
Not being level 70, my opinion counts for sod all if you raid, but as a 5-man tank, I'm a stamina whore.
Blutreich
Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:10 am
i hate the idea of stam stacking, "big HP pool who cares how much healers mana i waste"
that said, it works pretty good and it is a good way to get "damn ur geared" comments to boot.

I hate the idea of avoidance stacking, who cares if you can dodge 3/4 of the incoming hits, someday the dice will hit you 3 times in a row and you will explode everywhere.
that being said it works pretty good.

armor stacking is... well you can't really.

now BV stacking is awesome, but the more you need it the less it helps.
_________________

MrDuck
Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:56 am
I like stacking Def,why isn't it there? Razz

Anyways, i really like balanced stats, but when i have all in the state i want it, i'm looking for upgrade in following order:

Def>Avoidance>BV>Stam>rest like expertise, str, hit and such...
_________________
Falkman
Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:02 am
Avoidance and stamina, I'm just a whore for dodge Razz
_________________
Barbossa, lvl 70 human retadin - Thunderhorn EU
Eanin
Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:03 pm
Where's armor? It's my favourite stat to stack, so I'm not sure if I can vote on your poll Sad.
_________________
Ulushnar
Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:11 pm
I've gone from being a stamina junkie to an avoidance maniac, but around the time I stopped doing 25-mans i sorta gave up on worrying about it. These days I like a balance of both along with a decent chunk of threat stats.
_________________
Blog


Do you use your powers for Good, or for Awesome?