Skip to content
Maintankadin

SoR vs SoV in 3.0 at lvl 70, spell power vs ap weapons

caboom
Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:37 am

SoR vs SoV in 3.0 at lvl 70, spell power vs ap weapons

Ok so we've had our post patch BT run, and we wanted to test tank capabilities so we had warriors stepped out on najentus for us pallies to try out our stuff, i started the fight with sov as i would normally do after the patch and i asked our new recruit(old friend rerolling) prot pally wich slightly undergeared compared to me, to try to out TPS me with him using sor and standard lvl 70 TPS rotation, aprox 20 sec into the fight he took over and by quite a margin (i am guessing it's cuz of HotR proccing seals 3 times on single targets). I managed to get back to him close to the end and i am guessing i would have taken over threat if naj wasn't dead.

Conclusion for me was that with HotR and a fast spell power weapon you outperform SoV with a slow ap weapon, exactly because SoV needs time to tick.

He is using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33467 and i am using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32236 as weapons, threat talents are the same for both of us. He was also using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33504 however with me using the mother libram.

I wanna ask if from a pure TPS standpoint anyone had time to test this out and if they had similar or different results.
_________________
Worldie
Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:53 am
Experience + numbers say: SoV + melee weapon win for single target.

Not by a wide margin, but they deal more threat (also due to the additional threat from harder hitting white swings)
_________________

R.I.P. Sanctity Aura, it's Hammer Time
Belarkan
Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:07 am
It's a bit strange he took over after ~20 secondes but that you would have taken over by the end.

Conclusion is SoV wins because you match him by the end while he had more threat due to spiritual attument and holy shield.
samsara
Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:26 am
another point could be the judgement. What did he judge and what did you judge? Light brings quite a tps boost with some mele's on the target.
_________________
lvl 70 / Samsara / Der Mithrilorden
Worldie
Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:41 am
JoL whenever bugged or overtuned atm counts for retarded amounts of threat (up to 50-60% of your threat on some fights) so it was probably that.
_________________

R.I.P. Sanctity Aura, it's Hammer Time
Worldie
Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:48 am
On a dummie you won't notice much difference. The effect of JoL is amplified in a raid where you got 10+ people banging their face on the mob and proccing JoL. Even more amplified if there's raid damage.
_________________

R.I.P. Sanctity Aura, it's Hammer Time
Jerey-Darkspear
Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:15 am
JoL definitely makes a LOT of aggro. I took aggro from the MT on Felmyst last night from auto-attacks + JoL. Bummer is that if there's not a lot of raid damage, then my aggro doesn't stay as strong. Still trying to find the right balance between threat and survival in my boss tanking gear.
_________________
Am I Prot?


6/6 SSC; 4/4 TK; 5/5 MH; 9/9 BT
Candiru
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:36 am
On Felmyst if the warrior was tanking I could do JoL and /afk and keep up in threat on him. (I pulled off him by accident the first time)

Then I tried tanking and the closest DPS was at 50% of my threat.

JoL is imba!

(although it can be bad too, trying to do AQ40 ended badly when I used JoL on Twin Emps, I made so much threat I got both stuck to me.)
_________________