Skip to content
Maintankadin

seal for threat?

Brickhouse
Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:20 pm

seal for threat?

In the old days, I used seal of righteousness and spammed judged it as often as I could for maximum threat....


what to use today for maximum threat?
Brickhouse
Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:31 pm
Thanks for the speedy reply. So, seal of Corruption then, for a Bloodelf?
Petrus
Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:26 pm
Don't forget to get Glyph of Seal of Vengeance when the expansion comes out Wink

That said, I keep calling it SoV instead of SoCorr or anything else. Anyone else do the same?
_________________
vschiano2008
Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:30 am
I'm a blood elf and i still call it SoV.

BTW- SoV ROCKS. Always envied ally pally's for it. Now i can be sexy and an uber pally tank.
Aenim
Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:00 am

SoV vs. SoR

Just pointing out that libram choice might affect which seal you rely on. If you have the BT+ book or the inevitably better expansion librams, SoV is the way to go. But:

When I factor in the Libram of Divine Purpose (+94 Seal and Judge of Righteousness), I'm getting SoR as more overall dps:

MH: Hammer of Judgement (1.8s)

Seal of Righteousness - Add 123+94 (217) to each swing.
Swing = 217/1.8 = +120 holy dps.
Judgement = 547+94 = 641 holy.

Seal of Vengeance - Ignoring the initial "5-stack build-up":
273x5 holy damage over 15s = 1365/15 = +91 holy dps
Judgement = 573 holy.

Does that look right?
_________________
Worldie
Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:49 am
They nerfed it about 1 month ago, no idea of why.
_________________

R.I.P. Sanctity Aura, it's Hammer Time