Skip to content
Maintankadin

Weapon Speed and Seals

Warden
Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:34 pm

Weapon Speed and Seals

Well, I'm breaking my long-standing record of lurking... Thanks to the community here for all the awesome help. From the time I was first inspired to roll a pallytank from seeing one of Invis's videos to now, this has been the bible of pallytanking for me, and even converted a few holy pallies I showed it to... But... With introductions out of the way...

I recently had the Aramani (sp??) Punisher drop in ZA (sorry, no linkeys.. filtered work internet = fail) and was comparing it to my S2 Mace. Aside from minor stats differences, the most significant thing I noticed was weapon speed. The 1.(6?) vs the 2.something from the ZA mace to the S2.

The faster mace seems to generate more threat, with seal of righteousness hitting more often and its holy damage not being tied to weapon damage, and with hitting more often, my stacks of vengence seem to go up faster and drop off less. Is there something I am missing, or, baring significant stat differences, is a faster weapon just plain better for us?

Thanks in advance...

ps. Armor is dsWarden on Anvilmar.. sorry, no link from work.

pps. Long post is Long :-/
JUSTISE
Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:40 pm
I believe it doesn't matter, kind of like WF procs. The slower ur weapon, the chance of it proccing is just the same as a faster weapon not procing as often. But in our case, its more of the damage righteousness will do.

If you tried righteousness w/ a 2hander, which is very slow, the damage is much more than with a fast 1hander.
_________________
Rhiannon
Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:44 pm

Re: Weapon Speed and Seals

Amani punisher and Merciless Gladiator's Gavel both are 1.6 speed ¬_¬
_________________
Fridmarr
Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:46 pm
Also, SoR is scaled by weapon speed, so weapon speed won't really have an affect on SoR.

For SoV, it has a chance to proc based on weapon speed, the slower the weapon, the higher the chance. It is actually easier to keep a stack up with a slower weapon than a faster weapon, but the difference is not huge.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/us/frostmane/fridmarr/
Sharlos
Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:34 am
Now that our seals proc on weapon attacks our seals (except for Seal of Vengeance) favour slower weapons slightly.
_________________
I hate signatures, but i love irony