Skip to content
Maintankadin

How did I manage this?

Falibard
Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:09 am

How did I manage this?

So I was tanking Rage Winterchill last night and I got bored so I was throwing Hammer of Wrath a few times at the end, and I got a crit for 3500??? Considering a non-crit usually hits for ~1100-1200 how'd I manage that?


Imp JotC was up and Sanc Aura, but I hadn't popped any trinkets or Avenging Wrath (Unbuffed spell dmg ~600 iirc). When it happened I just thought "that was sweet", but now I'm curious how that was possible.

Help?
_________________
Robbert
Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:43 am
Did you hit the X key? IIRC you can be crit while sitting even if you're uncrittable.
_________________
Kuripari
Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:46 am
I think he was saying his HoW crit for 3500...

not that he was crit for 3500.
_________________
Kuripari Level 70 0/55/6 - Skywall US Horde
Dendrah
Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:23 am
I noticed things like that on my hunter as well. I never understood why but it looks like you can crit your crit.
Falibard
Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:30 am
Yes, I'm referring to the fact that I got a crit for about 3500 and can't figure out how that's mathematically possible.
_________________
Elsie
Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:24 am
Nightfall maybe?
Falibard
Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:02 am
Don't think it was Nightfall unless someone crafted it during the pull...

I know I had on Tome of Fiery Redemption with Icon of the Silver Crescent while I was doing the trash, but I thought I switched out the Tome trinket for this when the boss came. If not, that's 290 spell damage on a proc I'm not accounting for.

I'm usually half asleep for the whole ally camp part of Hyjal, so anything is possible. Very Happy
But when something I do hits for 3500 and it's not Curator, it woke me up Shocked
_________________
Elsie
Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:29 am
tome adds 300 damage on a crit with 3 hunters and a ret paladin (and without wings).
Elsie
Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:28 pm
just an fyi, up to 3346 with nightfall.