Skip to content
Maintankadin

Best Threat on Prince

Ills
Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:25 am

Best Threat on Prince

Should I Judge Wisdom or Crusader on Prince to keep highest threat?

When I judge Wisdom I can keep spamming max rank Consecrate and Exorcism, judging Righteousness, and of course, Holy Shield, using one mana pot somewhere in the fight. Self-dispelling SW:P.

If I judge Crusader, I can't use Exorcism much, can only use Consecrate sporadically, but can keep spamming Judgement and Holy Shield without going OOM. Self-dispelling SW:P.

If it matters, I switch from Stormcaller to The Sun Eater for phase 2, then back again for phase 3.
_________________
Every fight is like Sartura, only without the screaming and the dying.
Xanatos
Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:28 am
Mixture of both.

Start with crusader and frontload your threat (Avenging Wrath, JoR, max consecration, exorcism and maybe avenger's shield). Then switch JoW at around 30%-40% mana. This should allow you to maintain reasonable threat after your initial aggro rocket and keep you ahead for the rest of the fight.
_________________
Lore
Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:29 am
I would judge Wisdom, just because it sounds like the threat difference is going to be marginal, and it helps your casters.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Vanifae
Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:38 am
Wisdom is so much better on this fight, I ran out of mana last time I did it on Phase 2 Smile

Plus in Phase two with Holy Shield up you will never run low on threat.

Plus Wisdom procs are considered energy gains which also build threat.
_________________
Visit my crappy blog... Nerf This...
Prepared
Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:50 am
I only switch my Seal to Wisdom during Phase 2 (perma-Reckoning FTW), but do not Judge, and this is all only if I don't have a mage in the raid, or one of the healers die early.
_________________
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."




Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Lore
Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:24 am
Yep, you gain threat from JoW just like drinking pots. 0.5 threat per mana gained.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Nich
Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:18 pm
JoW will add threat from power gains, but at the same time it's also adding threat to any mana user hitting the target, so it's not as much threat as you'd first think, in relative terms.
_________________

as Holy: 6447 hp, 8688 mp, 1552 heal, 150 mp5 (in combat), 13.98%
Bosutei
Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:49 pm
You learn something new every day, then.
And I wasn't saying it's wrong, I was saying bull out of disbelief.
_________________
Prepared
Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Spiritual Attunement also counts. A handy fact on fights like Void Reaver. I had aggro for about 35% of the fight tonight, out of our usual four tanks.
_________________
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."




Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Phaex
Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:36 pm
Judge wisdom to help your cast-dps out.
Agro shouldn't be any issue at all. Since he starts d/wing pretty soon, which makes him eat mass holy shield.
I'm at least 50k above the first dps when he dies, and thats without even trying.

Thanks for posting about that power gain thing.
I expected something like that. But i wasn't sure if it was fixed.
A while back mp5/hp5 accidently caused threat too, and they patched it if i remember correctly.
_________________