Skip to content
Maintankadin

Need More TPS: Am I doing anything wrong?

Hiroko
Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:16 am
Looking at the talents in your armory at the moment: I'd personally drop 3 points from reckoning in favor of precision. With 2 points of reckoning you'll still get reasonable uptime and precision should give better output whilst reducing the 'spikyness' of your threat.

In regards to you gear you have quite a few items that give you no threat benefits. If you can afford the avoidance changes (I haven't done the maths) I'd look to get the bracers of the Ancient Phalanx and the Sabatons of the Righteous Defender, both badge items.

2% threat enchant for gloves should really give you more then the +20 spelldamage you have on there and I'd look to replace the gloves anyway - they give you no threat and +parry is an expensive avoidance stat.

Then try to maximise your threat consumables. Always use oil then consider whether you can afford the health loss to swap to spelldamage food and flasks instead of stamina.
(I rarely use stam food/flasks these days, so get an extra 145 spelldamage from food, oil and flask)
_________________
towelliee
Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:27 am
I have the bracers of the Ancient Phalanx in my bank but I was told the VR bracers are better for the dodge they carry.

Also I was leaning toward getting the feet from badges and moving my stompers to a block set.
_________________
Frickit
Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:39 am
Hunters get in order Kings, Wisdom, Might and salv if theres four pallys. They can feign death to reduce threat and if they dont have mana they cant do damage so...and ya, Judging wisdom is last on my list of things to do when I get a target.
_________________




6/6ZA 2/2GL 1/1ML 3/4TK 5/6SSC Doomwalker:)
Dendrah
Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:40 am
you give salvation to hunters? You're lucky you don't have me around cause you'll sure get some QQ on Ventrillo and guild chat.

Hunters have the unique FD ability. Use it to the fullest and have them phewphew their brains out.
Hiroko
Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:40 am
Wristguards of Determination and the Ancient Phalanx bracers are two different types of tanking bracers. The first are what I would call avoidance bracers, the 2nd are more threat orientated.

Since you're looking for tips on more threat I suggested the Phalanx ones - different ones for different jobs Smile I'd probably carry both, but I never got the ones from VR. Instead I carry the ones from Attumen with a spelldamage enchant for aoe roles, and Ancient Phalanx for single target - still waiting for either ones to drop from Naj and/or Akama.
_________________
Morgeth
Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:19 am
Towel, PST me in game. We ran ZA with Forgot to Repair the other day. My Paladin is Morgeth, my Druid is Mordeath.
_________________