Skip to content
Maintankadin

Actual Stamina/Health Calculation

Thaliodin
Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:13 pm

Actual Stamina/Health Calculation

I'm running at 15.8K unbuffed health in my AOE trash/ZA gear and starting working on a spreadsheet for calculating the effects of potential gear upgrades. Looking at my gear numbers, I have 137 STA base and 964 STA from gear for a total of 1101 STA. I have 2/2 Sacred Duty for +6% total STA and 5/5 Combat Expertise for +10% total STA.

By my calculations, I should have 1277 STA (1101 STA * 1.16) and 12,770 health from stamina. However, WoW Armory calculates my STA as 1261 (137 base + 1124 from gear and talents), which Armory says gives me 12430 health. Since each point of stamina is supposed to provide you with 10 health, this really throws me off because I should get 12,770 (my calculations) or 12,610 health (WoW Armory STA stat), but not 12,430.

So why is there a the difference of 180 or 340 health? Any ideas?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gul%27dan&n=Thaliodin
Seloei
Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:56 am
Each race/class has a different set of attributes and base health at level70.

The difference you noticed is because of being a paladin and X race. To get the real health/stamina boost from your gear. Strip naked, mark the numbers, then start adding gear numbers on top of that.
_________________
QuantumDelta
Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:35 am
also the first 10 points of stamina are a bit special.
_________________
Airanna
Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:51 am
It has to do with early level scaling, the first 20 points of both stamina and intellect only give 1 health (or mana respecitvely) per point. Starting at the 21st point they give 10 health (15 mana) per point.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Attribute#Stamina

And if you doubt those numbers just make a lvl 1 paladin and mouse over his/her stamina and intellect.
_________________
It's AIRSOME!