Skip to content
Maintankadin

RD Seems to be working properly without Macro on NPC's

Targonis
Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:45 pm

RD Seems to be working properly without Macro on NPC's

I did some testing this past Hyjal clear on taunting some mobs I let the NPC's pull off me with RD and it now seems to properly taunt them without the use of the macro with the most recent patch. I was able to drag the mob off with just an RD and build threat to hold it. Previous to this patch it was working for other players by simply taunting the mob it would place RD on the player and bring the mob to me, as has been mentioned, but it didn't affect NPC's. It now seems to.

Can anyone else confirm?
_________________
Snake-Aes
Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:46 pm
RD works on npcs since 2.3. If you mean that it autotarget [noharm] npcs instead of only [help] npcs(which is why I still use a RD macro), then we're talking news.
_________________

Spankadin in development.
.'>';
Wulfhere
Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:37 pm
Yes, I noticed that tonight in MH as well. Simply casting a non-macroed RD on a mob that was targeting an NPC resulted in a successful taunt.
Targonis
Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:34 am
Eureka. I'm not crazy. Or maybe I am...
_________________
majorwoo
Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:32 am
I can't speak for much before, as I never tanked hyjal until last week but I did not need a macro. I had made the macro, as I had read about the problem but somewhere in between being beaten by the entire wave I noticed when I was tabbing through NPC's I instinctively hit my normal taunt key and they came running... they didn't stay long mind you, those tauren warriors are BEASTs. You have to practically taunt tank anything once they've gotten a bite of it.
_________________

Sechs
Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Sounds like good news.
Will this fix the fact that RD 50% of the times don't seem to do anything because mobbs turned away to a new target...? Been suspecting my macro is the cause of this so if i don't need it anymore then just maybe i can get a working single target taunt.