Skip to content
Maintankadin

I'm assuming I'm imagining stuff..

QuantumDelta
Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:53 pm

I'm assuming I'm imagining stuff..

but.
Two observations that I haven't had chance to test yet:
I managed to accumulate 15 Avenger shield misses today by the time we got to Najentus...
/crai


But the one I'm actually worried about....
I didn't notice it through all of BT since I don't slack off on threat generation in raids, but, in heroics afterwards, tonight - I was doing my usual, letting RD do most of my work and abusing the 10% threat threshold.

Unless I was having serious problems with Omen update rates (unlikely), RD wasn't giving me that 10% margin (I got threat back and kept it until they hit over my 100% again, then it simply swapped back, like the OLLLLLLLLLD Pre-TBC taunt mechanics where if you didn't generate 10% threat you didn't keep the mob, but I expect - and really hope I'm imagining it).
I guess I'll do some proper tests tomorrow but it's very very rare that I get that 'post patch' imagination bit.
Infact I don't actually remember the last time Razz

I'm sure some of you have done Brutallus since patch day and if that's so you'd already know and be complaining about it so please fell free to slap some sense into me Razz
_________________
Tradyk
Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:23 pm
I get what you're saying, Quantum, but I don't think this is a change. It's just that in that sort of content, your dps'ers are going to be doing likely to be doing 10% of their total threat in one spike attack. The real test of this would be in a longer boss fight, where the threat builds so much that the 10% increase would very noticible and hard to match in less then 20 seconds or so.

Personally, I've always had a little bit of this issue, when tanking trash, or lower level stuff. Need to judge immediately to get an agro lead, otherwise the silly DPSers keep hitting the off-target and take agro again. Razz
moduspwnens
Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:42 pm
I haven't noticed this, but if it is the case, it's likely cause they screwed things up when "fixing" the aggro after stuns.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
QuantumDelta
Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:31 am
Just to re-affirm since I don't like making false claims.
I did some testorzing and taunt is workin' fine.
Embarassed
_________________
Targonis
Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:05 pm
Working as intended for me.
_________________
QuantumDelta
Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:18 pm
Anyone know any good mobs for testing avenger shield on?

Dr. Boom is level 68, with 2.85% hit gear and prec on I missed on him (after a lot of shots -.-), but the melee cap for level 70 mobs is 5% (3+2.85 -> 5.85, go figure).
=== Avenger Shield not effected by Prec?
Oh well.
_________________
QuantumDelta
Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:38 pm
Aye, I noticed refreshing your own judgement doesn't butcher you on a recent run through too, so you can continue to autoattack through the phase with SoR on.
Bit disheartening though.
_________________