Skip to content
Maintankadin

Teron TPS - not satisfactory!

Slamdorff
Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:17 am

Teron TPS - not satisfactory!

I tanked Teron last night and my TPS seemed to low to my liking.
Could I pls have some comments and maybe help on this.

I wasn't flasked on the killing try, but still it seems low. We had problems with WWS, so please comment on the kill try. I blew a Destruction Potion at some point and had SD food buff.

I had expected my TPS to be around 1400. What should I actually expect to deliver?

EDIT: forgot to mention I had no DPS support in party - holy pallies and a hunter it was.

WWS is here:
http://wowwebstats.com/5hniq6m5niv65?s=192635-210119

TPS calculation here:
http://rehfeld.us/wow/wws-tps/report-22598

I logged out in the gear used:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronzebeard&n=Slamdorff

I would be much obliged on some thoughts on this. Thx.

Cheers,

Slamdorff
A happy tank
_________________
Salamandra
Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:50 am
I think 1400 might be a bit of a high expectation.
_________________
Amran20
Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:23 am
I believe my TPS was around 1441, fully flasked, but no threat support in my group, so it's not exactly impossible to do, but you had best be geared to do it.

Edit: 1436. This is my rehfeld.

http://rehfeld.us/wow/wws-tps/report-10647

One thing I noticed, your fight was 255 seconds long, compared to my 199, and that top guy of 1578's 155 seconds. Pretty much that means that you have a higher % of time you're not using Wings/Heroism/DestroPot, and lower TPS overall. So part of the blame lies in your raid for being slow.
_________________


Dark Serenity's tankadin for life.
Tradyk
Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:02 am
You might want to remove one point from reckoning and put it as a second point into Imp. Judge. Doesn't sound like much, but the uptime difference between 4/5 and 5/5 reckoning on a single target is negligble at best, while the extra second on judgement makes a large difference, and also makes it easier to fit Exorcism into your attack rotation.

Another thing you might consider is starting to seal dance between SoR and SoV. You can expect a significant amount of additional threat from doing it. Your SoR swings for about 200 damage, from your threat calcs, meaning your SoV will be up at about 300/tick or so, as well as doubling your judgement damage. A quick number crunch: you'd be judging JoV for about 1100 damage every 8 seconds (instead of 9), so you'd be expecting somewhere in the 35K damage range, just from JoV, as opposed to your current 25K from JoR (a relative increase of about 40 tps). As well as 450 damage every 3 seconds, or an additional 285 tps, from the consistent ticking of SoV.

So basically, yeah, utilizie SoV and you can expect a fairly decent increase in your TPS.
Slamdorff
Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:53 am
Thx for the inputs on SoV.

I do judge dance now and then, however I always seem to build threat considerably slower when I do. But when its up and runnning its definitely a blast and I don't find it to hard to keep SoV stacks up while throwing in a JoR here and there.

I was actually searching for a thread on how to do this best but can't seem to find one. Would you guys pls tell me your rotation from initial pull till your 2. JoV?

Do yuo not find that threat builds slower?
Do you judge Vengeance everytime its up or wait for the stack to fill up? Do you start by building the stacks or do you start with at JoR and then build stacks? or...or?

Cheers,

Slam
_________________
Snake-Aes
Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:09 am
With 615 spell damage and a standard spec, I produced 1100 to 1150 tps. Didn't try it as sanctity yet.
How are you tpsing him, Amran?
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';
jere
Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:12 am
Well, we have about the same gear level, so the TPS seems alright for a first attempt. My first progression kill was about 1247 TPS if you count the 2% threat on gloves enchant:

http://rehfeld.us/wow/wws-tps/report-21283

I am sure there is room to improve for both of us, but on a first kill, that isn't too shabby, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just means we have to work on it some more.
_________________
Tradyk
Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:28 am
Heh. Ain't our fault you decided to roll Evul Pallies.
Exalt
Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:57 am
I have a couple of melee dps'ers (one fury warrior in particular) who do absolutely disgusting amounts of damage. In my current setup, they have to hold back on gorefiend. There was no way around this and it hurt us until I finally said.

"Throw Rabel (one of our rets) in my group"

That fixed it. I had a LARGE threat lead on everyone and kept it until Teron was in execute range.... at which point most of the warriors caught up.

Gogogo Retnubs =)
_________________
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn