Skip to content
Maintankadin

Buff Threat

Zappi
Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:40 pm

Buff Threat

Hi,

has anybody checked the threat gained by buffs?

I was curious, how much threat a simple buff generates and buffed a priest with might, after he did a bodypull. I got aggro and he had to do 80 damage to get aggro back. This means ~70 threat.

Interesting: blessing of might causes threat, as well as light, salvation and seal of righteous - but blessing of wisdom and RF do no threat at all...

I didn't test every skill and buff we have, but if SoR gives you about 70 threat (didn't checked this) this means 8.75 threat by casting SoR in your standard tank rotation. Not game breaking, but noteworthy ...
Sarkan-ZdC
Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:22 am
I wish one could access the "Omen List of Threat", cause they did some seriouss tests back then.

I remember that SoR activation is like 50 threat or so. I think it was somehow tied to mana costs, the more the better.
Zably
Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:06 am
RF is no threat? I've been using that for my mana dump/threat buff during CD downtime, but if it has no inherent threat, maybe another buff is better? almost 800 mana per gcd is probably pretty hard to beat, but in an aoe situation, where the mana return is split between a great many mobs (800 mana * 0.5 threat/mana=400, 400/10 mobs = 40 per mob, so a reseal of SoR would win out) maybe another spell is better?